Posts by zespri

http://www.cakesandcookies.co.za/product.php?mode=catpage&id=75   She sells tutorials on how to do it.  Scroll down a bit, she has some pretty detailed stuff.   Sorry, I'd tell you how if I knew, but I don't know anybody who has purchased the tutorials.
Does anybody have any ideas on how to create white stitching on pink fondant, I'm making a shoe like this:http://i.shoebuy.com/pi/conve/conve415612_166492_jb.jpgI have a stitching tool (which doesn't really look much like stitching really), but I wondered if I could use it to make the indentations, then go over it with royal icing to fill the cavities then clean off the stuff I don't want somehow....?? I've never done anything like that before, but people do it to get a...
Cinori, if you're boiling a can of condensed milk, please be careful. I use Nestle brand, and I phoned them once to ask if their canned caramel is the same as dulce de leche in other countries. (there is a can we can get here just called 'caramel'). We discussed the boiling method, and they said they do NOT recommend making it by submerging a can like it says in my 25 year old cookbook. They said that nowadays cans are not as robust as they used to be (with tear-tabs,...
Raspberry jam is nice as a filling.
Does anyone know of any cutters/molds to make tiny tiny butterflies? I have the patchwork cutters, which are about 1cm, wondering if there are any smaller then that?
From what I can gather (and I'm generalising here), layering cakes seems to be popular in your part of the world, but is still fairly newish to some other parts. The first time I ever made one was after coming onto this forum and hearing people talk about it. Every time I give someone a layered cake they are surprised it has filling and think I'm very clever, lol! So what I'm trying to say is that most mudcake recipes will not take layering into account, so whichever...
That's interesting Pam! Do you substitute some of the cream, or just mix it in at the end?
I'm going to slide it under the chair in front of me, it's only one tier, so should be OK. Sadly I can't keep it on my lap, safety regulations don't allow it, and neither would my three year old!
Thanks Jan, I'm jealous you're at ICES! Must keep an eye on forums to hear what people say about it, always an exciting time of year.Yep, I'm not worried about travelling with it in terms of trouble with the airline, just in terms of how the IMBC under thin fondant will fare with all the jiggling about in the plane. I was kinda hoping a few people would come on here with some success stories to ease my mind!
Neither melting nor bacteria are a concern for me at all, I'm wondering what kind of ganache you girls think I'm going to cover it with? I'm not talking soft ganache like you might get inside a chocolate, I'm talking the kind you use to cover cakes with, it sets very firm, almost as hard as the original chocolate. And it's fine at room temperature for a long time. Same with IMBC for that matter, it's fine at room temperature too. Otherwise nobody would eat it as it...