Posts by texastj

MyDiwa, thank you so much!!!
Can anyone direct me to a site that sells these cutters? I've searched and searched and haven't come up with anything. Are people using clay cutters for this size instead of fondant cutters? Also, where can I find alphabet/number embossers in this size as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
The first thing I thought of was a human skeleton
You can also try the finger test. After 3-4 minutes of whisking, dip your finger in the egg mixture and rub your index finger and thumb together. If it doesn't feel gritty then the sugar has dissolved and you can move on to the next step.
I'm wondering if your thermometer is off. Maybe you should recalibrate it before you start a new batch.
I freeze and refrigerate cupcakes with SMBC frosting all the time. I pull them out 2-3 hrs before it's ready to be served and have never had a problem. Just thaw and eat. No rewhipping required. The appearance should not change at all. HTH
Wow, Jason!!!! That's some really good advice!!! It definitely sounds like a lot if work.......and a lot of missed family time. I will definitely take this info into consideration when making a final decision. Thanx for taking the time out to respond. Enjoy the rest of your day
Basket weaving the fondant in thin strips or ropes leaving small spaces between, then going over it lightly with the rolling pin to mesh everything together. I've never tried this but it's the only thing I can think of. Of course it sounds very time consuming. Now I'm curious as to what you come up with
I've been toying with the idea of starting a cupcake business out of my home, legal of course. Starting a business is very foreign to me and I need a lot of information. So far I've just started running numbers. In order to reach an annual income of $30,000/yr I would have to sell 1250 dz cupcakes. This is based off of 1dz cupcakes =$24. Then I realized that this number does not include the cost of ingredients, supplies, etc. So then I calculated a $10 profit (went...
I use cornstarch as well and ir doesn't affect the taste. I add the cornstarch to the cool liquid, whisk, and boil till it thickens. Then I let it chill in the fridge. HTH