Posts by Thea519

I usually don't make cupcakes, so I'm kind of at a loss on how to price them. How much would you charge for 35 of these? TIA!
Man, that stinks! There's no way I'm paying next day shipping for that, lol. I'll just have to try something different. Thanks for the quick responses!
Was it maybe made with a Cricut machine thingy? Anyone know? I have to make this cake Saturday, so I was just wondering. Thanks!
That happens to me when I refrigerate my crumb coated cake before covering it in fondant. If this is what you're doing, try letting the cake come to room temp before covering it.
I've seen tons of recipes for pink lemonade cupcakes online and they all look so yummy! I was just wondering if anyone's ever made them and what frosting they used. I would love to try them this weekend for a church event with cream cheese icing, but I'm not sure I can imagine what cream cheese icing would taste like with a lemon-y cupcake. Anyone ever done a lemon and cream cheese flavor combo?
That's a good one, DeniseNH! I don't work much with frozen cake, but I've heard that's the easiest way to trim it.
Have any of you tried the rainbow cake on Whisk Kid's website? If so, do you have any good tips for me? I'll be attempting it tonight and I just want to take every precaution I can so I won't have to chunk it and do it all over again! Here's the link to the site: http://www.whisk-kid.com/2009/08/say-it-with-cake.htmlHere are some things I've come up with myself:1. Weigh the batter to make sure all the layers are the same size.2. Use even bake strips so the layers will be...
Goodness, Blue! I don't even know what to think about all that, haha. And to be honest, I don't really care about any of it except for that last part. What exactly do you mean by the "pecking order of some on this forum?" Just curious
FACSlady- Lol, sorry! I misunderstood! And to answer your question, I've never really used an EXACT measurement. I use my 1 Tbsp measuring spoon and dip until they're between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way full. That's usually somewhere between 3 and 4 Tbsp.
No need for all that attitude, Blue! This seems like something you feel extremely strongly about, so there's no need to go 'round and 'round about whose method is superior. But, for the record, I never asked for anyone's opinion on whether or not I should buy a stinkin' scoop! matthewkyrankelly, you hit the nail on the head! And to add to it, if there's a tool out there that will make my baking (and by extension, my life) easier, then I'm going to use it!! FACSlady, 1/4c...