Posts by bellacakecreations

Trust me it's much better to price them individually. Like heartsnsync said some take forever depending on the design. I did a 3D cake yesterday that took 7 hours start to finish but I have had some that crept into 24 hour territory. It's much better for you study the design and detail before you shoot out a price. You don't want to have 5 hours of work left and realize you aren't really getting paid for those hours or the last two you spent... <--------has totally...
I definitely agree with StepOnMi that you need to write every step you think you need down so you don't forget anything crucial. Pipe his fur with red icing it"s much easier. If you are just putting fur on the RKT then pipe straight on there. The only reason I use candy melts on RKT is to make them smooth because the design needs to be smooth. If you give the RKT enough time to dry it will be hard enough to withstand it anyway. I ALWAYS use PVC as supports both central...
So this is what I ended up with....like I said not as clean as I wanted but I got the design I needed. FINALLYOk can't post the image but it's in my gallery Again thanks for the help/support
I'm so sorry that this happened. I do agree that they deserve a full refund but DO NOT let this end your business. Take some time, practice, and learn from those mistakes. I have only been doing cakes for a few years but things happen. In the future just make sure to give yourself enough time to start over if you need to. Research every aspect and if something begins to go wrong figure it out and fix it asap. For me personally the biggest thing has been learning how to...
Thanks.
LOL sorry I didn't know how else to word that but I have a bride asking about a large cupcake cake for the bride/groom and possibly the wedding party and then serving regular sized cupcakes to guests. Does anybody know how many servings one of those cupcake cakes contains? I have never made one so I'm kind of lost.
Tell me about it Lol so I don't know what happened but I made a 3rd batch of chocolate buttercream and completely re-did the tier and thank God it worked!!!! It's not as clean as I would have liked it to be but it is done. Thanks so much MsThang I think I just needed some moral support I'll post a pic as soon as I get a chance
Well when I practiced the other day I used dummies to make sure the buttercream consistency was right but when I iced it last night and let it settle for a bit it started slumping. So I remade the buttercream and let it crust a bit but when I used the mat even just the tiniest bit of pressure is making it break/crack (NEVER had that happen before) and towards the bottom it still seems to pool a bit because the bottom is sticky. And one side in particular JUST ONE ( I have...
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone else has had to tweak a design a few hours before a delivery. How do you handle it with a client. I practiced and practiced worked out my recipe but inevitably the one thing that did not work out this morning was using a diamond mat on my buttercream. The bottom tier was supposed to have diamond and the top scrolls at this point I am considering doing all scrolls I'm sure it will look good just not exactly what the client asked for....
I didn't forget the eggs but I somehow let the cake collar get too far away from the side and one end of the parchment paper has baked into the middle of cake Just one of those days I guess