Posts by bellacakecreations

Don't know what to do....I just had my first unhappy customer. She had never ordered from me before and wasn't there at the agreed upon delivery time so the business owner signed for it. I got wonderful comments and the band that was setting up (the only people present) asked for my business card.....however an hour and a half later I get a phone call from the customer. Her exact words were "Please tell me this is not the cake....It's too small and just not what I...
I think it is just learning what things are supposed to look like, feel like, etc. For example, my sis in law asked for my sugar cookie recipe which does not require refrigeration and to me is the simplest recipe I have. Her cookies looked perfect but they were dry and some bites were a bit salty. Turns out her idea of creaming the butter and sugar was mixing it for a minute just until the butter and sugar were mixed. And I don't think she mixed the entire dough long...
Thanks everyone for the responses. I decided not to say anything and leave it up to them. We'll see what our insurance will do about it. I just hope they know I did my best to keep it from ruining their day and I pray that it NEVER happens again.
Chellescakes That is SO happening.
Yesterday was hell. I was delivering a full dessert table setup (baby shower) and a four tier wedding cake when we were rear ended. The dessert table cake, cake pops, cookies, choc. strawberries, marshmallow pops, and decorations were all fine but the wedding cake was on the bumped side (he hit us at an angle trying to avoid hitting someone else) and was ruined. Nothing could be salvaged. It was 2 hours until the reception and I had an extra 6" tier so I decorated it and...
I pipe them in RI on parchment paper and then transfer them. If it's a larger pic and they are allowed to dry completely you shouldn't have a problem moving them. Writing and thin designs are the ones I make double the amount of since they usually break.
The only mousse-like recipe I know of was one someone posted on here that Costco supposedly uses. It's more like a fluffed up pudding. So that could work well. I used it for a cake for family and it kept for 2 days at room temp. It might have lasted longer but that's how long it took grandma to finish it off It is a package of pudding a cup of milk and a cup of heavy cream although I did alter it to 1/2 cup milk 1 and 1/2 cups cream. HTH
Hadn't even thought about posting a tutorial....I'll get started on that tomorrow Little round non pareils
Haha thanks guys. It started as sprinkles for my five year old to decorate cupcakes with and then......voila. My bride and I actually had a totally different design for the wedding cake up until the week before the wedding. She was coming to pay the balance on her cake and my daughter and I were playing with the mini tiered wedding cakes I had just baked. Izabella had iced hers and poured a bowl full of sprinkles to dip her "dream wedding cake". It looked really pretty!!...
Thanks guys!! I was bummed because we had to move it up I basically had a day to put everything together and we couldn't make Medusa and all the snakes edible. It was a styro head covered in fondant, did the facial details, and then we fused some of our pre-made but not quite dry enough fondant snakes with some rubber store bought ones so they would stand apart from her head. He absolutely loved it!! He was even more excited when he found out the head wasn't cake so he...