Posts by bellacakecreations

Yeah that was what I remembered. I have only made 2 Italian Creme Cakes in 6 years. The buttercream recipe I use is pretty versatile so I was trying to figure out how to make the taste similar. I let the customer (she was the one who brought up buttercream) know that it is usually a cream cheese icing which is still pretty sweet but she said the birthday boy loves buttercream. I am thiking about making both batches of icing and figuring it out through a taste test. Either...
Hi I am making an Italian Creme Cake for a customer who loves buttercream. I have only eaten this cake once (not my cup of tea) and I know it had cream cheese frosting then. I am just looking for some ideas on flavoring the BC so that it compliments the cake flavor.
I know this is an old post but I did a 3d spongebob cake last Sat. and was so proud. He looked fantastic and I was done 4 hours early....then the face began to sag. I had to take it apart completely and redo it all. The second "face" was rushed and wasn't as good as the first. I couldn't figure out why. I used the "durable cake" recipes to make sure they were carvable and I used stiff BC. My cakes were frozen too - which is something I had been told to do and immediately...