Posts by ellentwn

Thank you very much QT
It does not say whipped anywhere on the tub. I went ahead and used the brick (just in case). I'm going to try the tub and test it out the the family. Thanks for the reply!
Needing to make Cream cheese buttercream. I have an 8 oz tub of philly Cr cheese. Can this be used or do I need to the the brick. Not a big fan of Cr cheese, so not sure if they are one in the same. Thanks
Haven't done George either, but I did a whimsical monkey and did it the way you described, and I think it turn out good. It's in my gallery. Good luck and have fun!
Try:1/2 c. butter1 1/2 c. shortening2 tbls clear vanilla2 lbs sifted powdered sugar1/2 and 1/2 for thinning (1/4 c to 1/2)1/4 tsp popcorn salt.for peanut butter BC use above recipe except change shortening to 1/2 and add 1 cup creamy peanut butter.Also Indydebi's BC is very good. Do a search here on CC.
Hello, I find that youtube is also a good resource for learning techinques. Also CabeCakes, I checked out your blog and found it useful and starting following it, can't wait for next installment.
DITTO on Carmijok response
Sugardugar, the recipe you listed is close to the one I have used, but difference is 1 1/2 cps shortening and 3 TBLSP of merigue powder or you can use Dream Whip. You may need to add 1/2 and 1/2 or milk. Crusts wonderfully.
Sounds like your on track. I take them out of freezer the morning of decorating. Leave them wrapped and sit on counter to thaw, usually takes 1/2 hr to 45 mins.
I agree with Vision. When I use Indy's I beat the daylights out of the crisco, usually about 20 mins. then heat the dream whip and some salt with liquid, about 30 secs. and add til I get the consistency i want. I also use walmarts PS it works well. give it a try, I think you'll like it.