Posts by Foxicakes

I agree about the MMA theme not exactly being obvious in the cake. Nor do I see any type of fence. To be quite honest, I think that if I were the one that had ordered the MMA fighting theme cake, I would have been disappointed too. However, I also know that when someone is late and shows up in the middle of a party, it is not exactly reasonable on your part to expect her to leave her guests and discuss the fact that she felt her expectations were not met. She did say that...
@carmijok...LOL! You speak it sister!!
Making "cake boss" cakes LOOKS easy. Too bad they're not. It's truly unfortunate just how many people feel that way about their decorating skills, whether it is being egged on by family or friends that "ooh and ahh" to their face, thus giving them confidence to actually branch out and make their hobby a business. It's a shame that more people can't be honest and tell these people the truth about their skill or lack there of (in a gentle way, of course) to save them the...
As nice as it would be to be able to take the advice of the poster that told you to write down the bride's info and contact them, julzs71 has a very valid point. You could be sued and not only that, but the bakery world is a VERY small one indeed. The LAST thing that you want to have happen is for the manager to get on the phone with all of his buddies in other bakeries and black list you as a thief. You would NEVER be able to find another job like that!! However, that is...
Since plain "natural" gelatin has no taste at all, I doubt a person would even be able to detect ANY flavor other than that of the cake that the decorations cover.
Okay, SF, I guess I misread too. I thought she was upset about losing the web domain name too.Here is a link to the SBA (small business administration) and they discuss how legal names are actually acquired. They also show the requirements in each state. http://www.sba.gov/content/register-your-fictitious-or-doing-business-dba-name/So, for me, in GA, if I am not doing business under my legal name (the name given to me by my parents is my "legal name", even for business), I...
Who did you purchase the domain name from? Was it GoDaddy or one of the other domain sellers like Google domains, etc ?? You said that you "purchased" it. So, it would be impossible, if you truly owned the web domain for someone other than you to put a site onto that specific URL. You might want to check to make sure that you didn't inadvertently purchase a .biz or .info or .me or .(dot) whatever....because some of the places that sell the web domains make it kind of hard...
Refund the wedding cake only. Personally, I think the "freebie" should be the sheet cakes that you were, in your words, "told" to go and buy. And that is being generous...I mean, if the venue had a dummy available then truly someone from there or the family really should have gone to make that purchase. And, then all you would have truly had to refund would have been the wedding cake. But, you went above and beyond in this situation and made a trip and purchased cakes out...
I really hate to go "here" (and I get in trouble with my better half all the time for being so quick to think negatively of people so often) but, I honestly think that people just say that kind of crap just in case for whatever reason, they think they may not like the cake. That way, they can just refuse to pay or negotiate a lower charge. I mean, think of how many times we read stories on here of people calling up a day or so later and complaining that they "didn't like"...
Thank you ALL for the help!! I will definitely give the ganache and the other fondants a go!! I already exclusively use very dense cakes as I prefer the texture and it's funny, most people that I introduce them to like them also! Don't get me wrong, I like a good ol American "light and fluffy" cake now and then, but usually with fruit and whipped cream. I also find that when you are serving a person a slice of cake that is 1 inch by 2 inches, they are MUCH more satisfied...