Posts by Foxicakes

That was my point EXACTLY!! I guess I should have waited until I read through the entire thread before commenting on it, since you seemed to have covered it much better than I did...but, I was so livid when I read that the person that set up the site had the audacity to actually log in and read personal business emails, I just couldn't hold my tongue. So I had to comment on it right after I read it! Your idea of changing the password is brilliant. Great advice!!
First of all, someone that is an administrator on the site and receives the emails does NOT have to read them. That's pretty much invasion of privacy. She has NO NEED to read your emails. Secondly, I would simply tell her that you do not give "deals" to any one except YOUR family, friends, etc(whomever you actually DO give them to) and that you made HER cake as a thank you for helping you with your website.Further, that you are a little offended that she is monitoring your...
Well said!!
I really doubt that the cake from AUGUST was the cake that she was discussing these issues about now, in May. It definitely probably looked similar, i.e. being a small square 4 tier stacked cake--just not the same one, as she mentions on the description of that one, that she had to use a fan to keep it from melting. Further, from the tone of the post, this seemed like a "freshly inflicted" slap in the face from her DH's deplorable relative. To the OP, I want to say that I...
Ive seen other decorators on here talk about Wal-mart, Publix, etc (any grocery store that has a bakery department that offers edible images) will do them for you. I think one person said she got an 8x11 for like 6 or 7 dollars. I would just get on the phone and call the places near you and ask to speak to the bakery manager. Good luck! Let us know what you find out...
Actually, there probably SHOULD be a "most viewed" category on the front page instead of just a "most saved" or "newest posting" category. That way, people who's cakes are getting "noticed" would know it and feel the appreciation that they seem to be missing (since, it would seem, that this is a very popular subject for new threads).As I said before, I favorite the ones that I may want to try or keep for inspiration and comment on ones that I find just amazing....
What do you qualify as "unnoticed"? If you get no "favorites?" Personally, I know that I look at the site daily, and there are always TONS of cakes that I think are beautiful or that I admire the work. However, for me, I don't put every cake that I like into my favorites area, because when I go to look for a cake that I would like to replicate in some way, I would have to literally weed through thousands of cakes and that would be a nightmare!! I also only click on and...
@paperfishies, Mudcakes are the type of cakes that mot Australians use. they are known for being very rich and extremely dense.@rembrait, I freeze ALL of my cakes for atleast 24 hours to help them settle. I've never had a problem with mudcake
@techie81, so sorry...I did not see your post about having tried the actual recipe before I posted my last comment...okay, so now that you have tried it and found that it DOES work and IS cheaper, I will definitely give it a go. I am still going to see if I can get close to it with ingredients that are a little easier for home bakers to find, just to see if it can be done...
daj85202...that was smart to do...to get the true recipe. So, I did some searching to see if I could find the exact ingredients. The "sugar" is drivert sugar and is described as a "dry fondant sugar used in icings and pan coated confections" it has invert sugar in it and that helps keep it moist, so obviously regular powdered sugar is not exactly the ingredient and, therefore, will not perform like drivert will.The meringue powder is just dried egg white powder which can...