Posts by Foxicakes

Seems this post got a little off track. I thought this was about a bride wanting to pay 1/2 of what was actually due. Yet, somehow we got off onto a lesson on contracts instead. And, while the poster's are giving great information, quite frankly,I am more interested in finding out what is going on with the OP. Especially since it is now 24 hours later. . .
Yep! I agree with scp... I had been wondering why things were taking too long to bake in my oven at 325 as well as having seemed to not be rising properly as of late. So I spent 3.99 on an oven thermometer and it seems as though it's a whopping 25 degrees off!!! So definitely spend the money and get an independent oven thermometer. I found mine on the "gadgets" aisle at the local Publix supermarket.
Ive read in several places that if they aren't thin enough for the job you are using them for, to just add a little shortening at a time until they become the right consistency. Don't use oil though, because it doesnt have the saturated fat in it and wont harden properly. Basically what you are doing by adding the shortening is adding more of what they are already made of (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and this helps it to melt more smoothly and consistently. HTH!!
Yes, it IS just Fondarific put in a different container. A lesson that cost me $60 to find out!! And that was for one 2# tub of blue and two 1.5# trial color kits, one in brights and one in primary colors!! And, to be honest, I decided to make the Michele Foster's fondant recipe after I bought the Duff's and I flavored it with white chocolate and my "signature" flavor combo ( a balanced emulsion of vanilla, almond, butter, orange and lemon extracts) and it was MUCH better...
Fine metal sieve. And it IS a PITA. But I found that if I hold the handle very close to the strainer part and tap it against the palm of my left hand, it goes a little faster. That and I use a silicone spatula to kind of help push it through the tiny holes. When I am just trying to "sift" all of my dry ingredients together, I put them all into a large bowl and take a metal whisk and whisk it really well. It does a lovely job of getting all of the ingredients aerated and...
A couple of things could cause it to come out brown... The first one that I can think of is using "unbleached" All Purpose flour. That has a tendency to be a little on the brownish grey side when cooked. ( I noticed this when I made biscuits with my King Arthur one day) The next thing could be using regular vanilla extract instead of clear vanilla. You may want to try a vanilla flavored vodka like Absolut or Smirnoff Vanilla infused vodka. The third thing is using a...
The fact that he deleted your FB post thanking him for his help just proves that he had NO intention of giving you credit at all. He most likely didn't think that since it was posted to his profile by one of HIS friends, that you were ever going to see the picture. So, like the shady little twat that he is, he went along with it. And, truth be told, he was more than likely enjoying all of the praise too much to set the record straight on his own (again, he probably didn't...
I agree. I would make a comment under it saying, "yes, you DID do a great job coloring the fondant and rolling out those ropes!! With a little practice, maybe one day youll be able to actually make the whole cake without any help. And if you're really nice, I MAY even share my recipe with you since everyone seemed to like it" And just leave it at that...
What about just adding liquor into the cake balls themselves??
I looked up the recipe and she states that it makes 5 cups of batter. Then, there is a guide to how many cups to use per pan depending on size of the pan, however she does state to use 3" pans. That being said, her guide is to use 12 cups of batter in a 15 x 3 pan. I would drop that down to 9.5 or 10 cups of batter (or two recipes) for the 14 inch pan and you should be good.