Posts by Foxicakes

There's a frosting that I found for whoopie pies. The maker would need to add 1 cup of milk, But its essentially 5 T flour cooked with 1 c milk until very thick , set aside to cool. Then use 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 c butter plus 1/2 c shortening and 2 tsp vanilla whipped until very fluffy (about 10 minutes) scraping the bowl down periodically. Then add the cooked flour mixture and bet it for another 15 minutes or so until very fluffy. It's almost like a mock whipped...
Duplicate post
I took the above advice and looked up Linda Mcclure on Google. And before I read her blog entry "The Real Story" about how ProvoCraft (Cricut makers) not only took her idea without permission OR compensation, I was considering the Cricut product. But, now I wouldn't take one if they GAVE it to me!! Luckily for Linda HER method works with all of these types of cutters AND she is finally copyrighting her method to keep THEFT from occurring blatant to her again. This...
Don't mean to sound stupid, but what is Sure Cuts A Lot (2 obviously, since that one supposedly still works with the Cricut) and Make the Cut? And where can I obtain this software ?Thanks in advance!!Desiree
That's right Jan. I would have responded in the "Give us your opinion" thread. But it was locked. And, I was so frustrated at the time, I just had to vent. Nothing personal,..
Looks like there was MORE room made for advertisers and LESS room made for cakers. The large photos that they rolled out a week or two ago are now gone and replaced by fewer "Todays Favorites" and "Recently Posted" pics that are just about the same size as they were before (MAYBE a little bigger, but not by much). Can't stand that the latest forum posts are no longer on the front page. And, quite frankly, the only thing that catches my eye is all of the much larger...
If memory serves me right, NONE of the "disco dusts" (i.e. "glitter") are labeled "edible". They are all just labeled non-toxic, in that they won't make you sick except in very large quantities. Further, most of the petal dusts, etc. are also just considered non-toxic as most of them are made from plain ol' colored chalk.You should be okay as long as the cake is not encrusted in glitter...
I agree with the posts above...A cake to remember has a pine cone tutorial on youtube. If you just type in "make chocolate pine cones" you can pull it up. Doesn't look hard to do at all... HTH.
Love, love, LOVE the new look!! Can see much better details on the picture "sliders" on the front page and am much more apt to click on the photos to see the full photo now... Plus, I'm loving that the actual photos are much larger and the details are easier to see!! Well done, Jackie and Heath!!
You can also look up wedding cakes on The Knot website. They always seem to keep track of the latest trends and LOTS of brides go there for ideas...