Posts by MKinPA

Can you tell me how you made your teddy. I have to make them for cupcake toppers. Fondant, modeling choc or gum paste?
I'm curious as to how you all do your wedding cake deliveries. Do you deliver your cakes already stacked or do you take it in separate tiers and do the set up at the venue. Can you explain what works best for you and any tips you can share for set ups and delivery. I don't mind the baking and decorating of wedding cakes but the delivery and set up sets my nerves on fire! Thank you in advance for any tips!
Latest update. I finally got to speak with the customer, she sent me a Facebook inbox message explaining that her children were sick and she meant to ge tback to me but was so busy. She appreciated that I refunded the money to her that she spent for cupcakes and cake to replace the order I did not deliver and she also appreciated  the certificate I gave her for a free sheetcake. I think everything is ok with her. She cashed my check but has not ordered the free...
Thanks so much rezzygirl! I just called them and ordered the 300xk. They gave me 20% off and free shipping! It is backordered until 5/23 though. I'm so excited to get this for my cookies!   Thanks again, Linda
Which Kopy Kake projector do you have. Is it worth the purchase. Best place to buy? Thanks in advance for your responses. Linda
Thanks so much everyone for sharing. My latest update - I sent her a check for the cost of the order plus I sent her a letter of apology and included a certificate for a free sheet cake with no expiration. That was 6 days ago and she has not responded back in any way. I realize this was my oversight and I acknowledged this to her several times but I'm disappointed that she has not responded back in either a positive or negative way so that I know where I stand with this....
You are all so wonderful and I appreaciate your responses. I've tried to contact her twice today and she sent me a Facebook message to let me know that both of her children are home sick today and she will call me when she has time. You are right also that instead of waiting to give her a cake in a year, I will offer her another cake for an occasion of her choice right now and I plan to pay her for the cake she must have had to purchase for this party. I have a hard...
Thank you sweettales and Norasmom. I don't know what else to do for her. I'm waiting for her to call me back right now.     You are correct, we didn't have a lot of conversation about the cake. But I kind of get the impression the first party for them was a small production. I'm just so embarrassed by all this. I've been in business for almost 2 years and get a lot of referrals and repeat business from some pretty great people.   My "hobby" business has taken off...
I'm kicking myself all over the house today! A few weeks ago I did a first birthday cake and smash cake for a new client and she had a lot of very nice ladies at the party and gave me a glowing referral. One of the ladies ordered her baby's first birthday cake from me and a smash cake. I entered this order in my computer.   Yesterday when I arrived home at midnight I checked my email and there are 2 posts from this dear lady - one was at 1:06 pm asking if I am...
I live in PA and have a Facebook friend looking for a wedding cake decorator near Pensacola, Destin or Panama City Florida. She is looking for a cake for Feb 9, 2013 Please contact me if you're interested. Thank you!