Posts by sugarbabys

Wondering if anyone has a good dairy free strawberry cake recipe. The one that I use frequently has milk as an ingredient. I appreciate any help you all can give me.
I use fondant on all of my cookies. It's so much faster and it really does taste better on a sugar cookie than on a cake.
What I do is print off the image that I want (usually an image that I found online) and take it to my local Price Chopper or HyVee bakery. They will print them on edible paper for you for $5 to $10.
Ok....it's 3 am and I have got to finish this cake. I need to make Columbia Blue buttercream and the color that I made looked right at first, but has since turned into a turquoise color. I used sky blue and black. Should I have used delphinium blue instead. I'm going to fix it later, but I want to make sure I don't mess it up again. It's for a graduation cake and I have to get the blue right. Any suggestions?
I have a customer who would rather have fresh flowers placed on her cake rather than gumpaste flowers. The cake will be covered in fondant. How do I make sure that the flowers stay fresh prior to delivery throughout the night.
I have a customer who would rather have fresh flowers placed on her cake rather than gumpaste flowers. The cake will be covered in fondant. How do I make sure that the flowers stay fresh prior to delivery throughout the night.
Thx for the encouragement. I can have the kids help with dishes. That's a good idea. I have 2 year old who can't do a whole lot, but he's excellent at eating the cake trimmings! I can put the 6 and 13 year old to work though. Thanks again.
I think that I may have bitten off more than I can chew this month. So far, I've been able to cope with the excessive orders, but i'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. So far this month I've had four dozen cookies, a teapot cake and a full detailed fondant covered sheet cake to do. For the next two weeks I have twelve dozen college mascot cookies, two graduation cakes, a baby shower cake, First Birthday cookies, and three Birthday cakes. One of which is to serve 150...
I have someone who has ordered a cake for a retiring teacher in two days and has requested that the cake serve 30 people which would be a half sheet...correct? What worries me is that I know that she is expecting to be able to cut larger pieces and a half sheet would not yield larger cuts for 30 people. I'm tempted to do a full sheet, but she hasn't paid for it. I'm concerned that when she sees the cake that she'll say that it isn't big enough. How do you all approach...
Thanks everyone! I don't have the Wilton ball pan. I wiil try the pyrex bowl idea tonight and if that doesn't work then I'll do the graduating sizes. Anyone know the baking time for baking cakes in a ball pan or pyrex bowl?