Posts by Marla84

Try using a hershey kiss for the center so you can focus just on the petals for now.  Just adhere it to your flower nail with a dab of buttercream.  Also, maybe consider buying the Wilton ready-to-use icing (if you buy the small can you will probably want to thin it a little) Once you get the technique down, go back to your homemade icing.
well I'm not exactly saying it's a health concern - I'm sure no one will get sick. I just don't think it's food safe. They are not manufactured to be used with food items, so who knows if there are oils or lubricants used in them... and because they cannot be taken apart easily I don't see them being cleaned really well. There are a lot of cake shows on TV that do things that aren't really sanitary. There are a million threads about food safety issues, so I'm really...
Sorry to have to be the one to bring up the food safety issue... but paper punches really do not seem clean enough for food. I have a few (for paper) and the ones that I have cannot be cleaned at all since they don't come apart. I know Wilton came out with a set of punches to go with their icing sheets - not sure about the quality or selection.Or maybe just stick with regular cookie cutters and plunger type cutters that are made for food?
no, you can use any paper. For the thinner papers just use a less-sticky mat. (Press a new mat to your clothes a few times so it picks up some lint and becomes less sticky) I have an older mat that works great for computer paper and even some construction papers and then I use a newer mat for thicker cardstocks. Also, if you clean your mat after each use (I use baby wipes) you'll get more use out of them.
I think I'm going to have to buy these myself too. I've been telling everyone (it's gone way past hinting now) that this is what I want, and no one in my family has even pretended to be at all interested or asked which ones I want or what website they are on... I think my boyfriend is set on buying me UGGs. I've never asked for them, but he keeps pointing them out... and nothing against UGGs...but... if he got me an off-brand of boots instead, then I could still get...
You still need to own the cartridge to cut (with the exception of the 2 preloaded ones) With the Gypsy, you "link" the cartridges that you own, so you do not need to actually put them into the Cricut to cut, but you do have to own them. Cartridges can only be linked to one Gypsy, and once they are linked, they can not be unlinked. I agree with sberryp that you can do great designs with just a few cartridges though. I only own about 12 cartridges (bought most for...
tgress13 - The Silhouette was made for paper crafting too, but like tiggy said, you can get a separate blade/housing for food. robinmarie - you can use any of the regular Cricut cartridges. Full price they can be anywhere from $50ish-80. I have never paid full price for a cartridge, and have gotten most for under $20. They are usually $15-20 on ebay, or when cricutmachine has sales.
I think cricutmachine.com is actually a part of cricut.com. Cricut has denied this in the past on their own forums...but last year I checked the shipping address from a cricutmachine package I received and it shipped from a warehouse on the same street as a Cricut.com address. I just feel like they have to be pretty closely connected to offer identical sales. Proudparents2005 on ebay and Papercraftingpro.com are also connected with cricutmachine.com. I have ordered...
Agree with everyone else that the ads are way too big. I don't like that everything else is squished to make room for those.
I've ordered from them a few times. Not sure if this has changed, but in the past it was not a secure site (http instead of https in address bar) and people were having problems with credit card information being stolen. I have always used paypal and haven't had any issues. This is definitely the best deal I've seen for the Cricut Cake but they've also been going for really cheap on ebay - $80ish with 4 cartridges