Posts by EllieA

If you plan to use it again, put Saran Wrap on the dummy and then the buttercream. That way the grease won't damage/spoil/color the dummy. But now that I read about the spackle, it sounds VERY interesting!
It happens to me all the time! When I notice that it starts to dry up and crack it's simply because I have added too much powdered sugar while in the process of rolling it so I bring the MMF to my Kitchen Aid, separately I microwave a cup of marshmallows with water and 1/4 envelope of gelatin and add that to the cracked, dried MMF. It becomes new and supple again.
La mejor manera de poner precio es viendo lo que hay alrededor tuyo. O sea - si en tu ciudad hay alguien que haga y venda productos similares a los tuyos, ve, averigua cuanto cobran, cuanto venden y partes de ahi.Ahora bien: lo primero que tienes que hacer es:a. tratar de conseguir una tarjeta para un almacen wholesale, algo como Restaurant Depot, donde puedes comprar productos a una decima parte lo que cuestan al pormenor. No es dificil conseguir la tarjeta.b. ...
From what I read above, as long as you have a KA, you should be happy! I have always had a 6 qt. and I can do everything I want with it - small, medium and large batches with no trouble at all, so I would recommend that you exchange, simply because the 4.5 may be very good but it's not as versatile as the 6 qt. Unless you can look into the future and she that you will NEVER need the 6 qt., then get it. That way you will be assured of a KA that will help you with...
From what I read above, as long as you have a KA, you should be happy! I have always had a 6 qt. and I can do everything I want with it - small, medium and large batches with no trouble at all, so I would recommend that you exchange, simply because the 4.5 may be very good but it's not as versatile as the 6 qt. Unless you can look into the future and she that you will NEVER need the 6 qt., then get it. That way you will be assured of a KA that will help you with...
The way I look at it is that the cake was so lovely and the figurine was so absolutely beautiful and perfect, that someone (or many) couldn't help themselves and took it to put on their own cake. It was the talk of the party and it was so wonderful that the perp took it home and feels guilty (but sends a prayer of thanks) to you for having done such a wonderful, exquisite piece of art!
If I use marshmallow fondant, I add half an envelope of flavored gelatin (Jello), and that gives it (a) color; and (b) flavor. But I'm careful to combine flavors because some of them are just not good! But the others? Delicious!
Shannycakes:Once the buttercream is on the cake, I put it in the fridge for 20 minutes, take it out and smooth it out with a paper towel. Then I fill whatever holes or corners with more buttercream and try to make the walls as smooth as possible. Again to the fridge, again out and repeat the process. If I have to, I do it again until it's perfect. Then I put the fondant on it. It usually comes out beautiful!Also, for your information, using all capitals when writing...
Red is bitter. As a rule of thumb, I usually color whatever first with orange and then red. That makes it easier and less bitter. And don't forget to cover it because the light changes it. This doesn't matter if you are going to use it right away but if not, cover the plastic bag with a towel and hide it in the deepest recess in the basement, where you are sure the sun doesn't shine!