Posts by michel30014

I actually use buttercream most often. I've only done a couple of fondant cakes. I mainly use fondant as accents. I've never taken a class about fondant. I learned everything I know from the internet and youtube!! Including how to make marshmallow fondant. Good luck with whatever your decision is!
Definitely!! This is what I would do!!!
Definitely!! This is what I would do!!!
A different way to do the camo. I just piped stars all over the cake in the pattern of camo. I found a camo pattern online that I printed and just let it be my guide. I used the #18 star tip but warning - take a break every little bit as your hand will hurt. Lol. Good luck and here's the one I did. Camo & Cross http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2048928
I used shaved white chocolate on this cake! I didn't use mine as snow, but it can look like it. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1710787
I love Viva paper towels. My buttercream is so smooth that I was asked if it was fondant. Love it!! I wait for it to go on sale. I think I found the last one for .60 a roll. Love that price!!
Sounds like you have a Winner of a Bride! Good luck!!
I've used a couple different options. I've used cardboard boxes cut down and stacked. Taped them together securely. Then, wrapped in foil. I've often bought the $1 store colored tablecloths and covered the board, securing with a strong tape. I've also used the large 1/4 in. foamcore board, cut in half, stacked and tape together. I usually cover it with something. Colored table cloths or gift wrapping paper (if I use this, I also go over it with plastic wrap or Press and...
Ok, well, I've never taken any classes. Though, I admit my mother who is a cake decorator in Texas taught me the basics before I moved to Georgia. She is too far away to teach me anything now. So, I had to learn on my own. Read everything you can get your hands on about cake decorating. Here on Cake Central you can learn a whole ton..... This is where I've gained the most information. Also, Youtube!! There are many tutorials on that website. Sign up for youtube, if...
I've had this happen once to me. I believe may have over beat the batter and I think it was the reason it fell in the middle. I don't usually have a problem with it falling in the middle. I most always use Duncan Hines as a starter mix and usually add ingredients. Duncan Hines is my tried and true!! Good luck!!