Posts by LoveMeSomeCake615

While it's true there's room for improvement on your cake (who can honestly say they don't need to improve in some way?! Not me!), I think you did a nice job on it. Was it the best TT shape? No, but your execution of the other elements was pretty good! The fondant covering on all three tiers is very clean and smooth, the fondant pearls look good, the bow on the front is very nice. Yes, the zebra stripe pattern should be going more vertical rather than horizontal. But...
It looks good! I agree on the size of the flower arrangement on top, it definitely needs to be smaller and more proportionate. Definitely make sure you do your research before placing any type of fresh flowers on a cake. The florist most likely will not be aware that certain flowers should not be placed on a cake (at least that has been our experience) so you will have to make sure you know what type of flowers the bride is ordering for the cake, and tell her and the...
What the???
It should be fine. 86 degrees is not that bad, many people have done cakes outside in much warmer temps! Especially if it will be in the shade. And the fact that it is chilled and covered in fondant will help too, fondant will protect the buttercream under it. If you are still concerned, the only other option would be to have them keep the cake indoors until the reception starts, so it is not sitting out the whole time during the ceremony too.
Those South Park ones are awesome! My DH would love those!
  Now for $120 an hour, we might be willing to consider it...
Right?!? My response (in my head) when I saw it was like "NO, he doesn't have time to send you a tutorial! He works two other jobs (aside from cakes), and he taught himself to do this stuff (never had a Wilton class or any other training). You're a pastry chef, figure it out for yourself!"
Well, that escalated quickly!  
We have had a lady ask on our FB page for tips on smoothing buttercream a couple of times. The first time we posted a pic of a buttercream cake, and she commented on the pic saying she is a pastry chef and does custom cakes, and asking if our icing artist would give her some tips on how to smooth buttercream.   My husband is the buttercream smoother, so he commented and basically just told her that it takes the right consistency of icing and a lot of practice to get the...
That's horrid!!