Posts by ssthebest

Thanks, that makes sense.  I will tape a note to it to remember to check it each time. 
Good idea!  I hadn't thought about needing to send it home with them. Thanks!
Yes, I am using cardboard under the top 6" layer, then dowels in the 8" to support it then the 8" with a cardboard and a 10"separator plate under it.  The  Wilton decorative stuff connects to that plate and has a  8" plate under the decoration. This sits on top of the 10" layer (with dowels to support it).   The 10" layer has a cardboard under it and dowels to support it sitting on top of the 12" layer.    Thanks for the tip on using the level.  I will check out my...
     Thanks so much for your advice!  It helps me think through it.  I actually made the bottom 2 layers (12" and 10 ) put them on the plate and filled them just to practice.  I have never done this size before and just needed to see the process and what works... so then I put the separator on top and filled the 2 smaller pans with flour and set them on top of that.  It seemed to hold w/o a problem.  The plastic is thicker than Wilton's seperators.  But, I agree with you...
Hi,      I am doing my first wedding cake and have read a lot of comments on here about how to's on making it but I haven't been able to find the answer to my question.       I bought a 14" white plastic separator plate from my baker's supply store.  It is sturdy and has four 1/2" feet that it sits on.  My question is: Can I just put my 12" bottom tier directly on that surface or do I have to have a cardboard cake circle under the cake and then stick it to the...