Posts by Jess155

We have 2 daughters - our firstborn is Grace, and the other is Anna!
I agree!  I feel like if I have to ask about price, it's probably out of my range anyway! 
That makes so much sense!  I know it's not realistic for everyone to do this, but wouldn't it be nice??  My hair salon has like 3 different levels of mastery and I can choose if I want a newbie or a master.  I know going in that I'm going to get what I pay for - good or bad! 
Yes, some of mine disappeared too!  Weird.
Yes, that's exactly what you're supposed to do.  Not everyone follows the laws in their areas and that does hurt those who do.  I am in a state that does not have a cottage law.  I cannot and will not sell my cakes.  I do them occasionally for family and friends.  We have 4 kids and another on the way so just birthdays keep me in practice ;)  I have done several big wedding cakes for friends and non-profit fundraisers.  It is an expensive hobby.  I would love to be able...
I think the cake is the least of your worries.  Doing the i am baker rose swirl (which is what she said she was doing btw) is the PERFECT first time wedding cake deco.  So easy and it hides a multitude of sins.  ;)   Now the 400 cake pops on the other hand... 
Well since everyone here has different skill levels, different overhead, differents markets, I'd say your ballpark figure is going to be anywhere from $50 - $400.  Not helpful is it?  It does not matter what other people around the country (or different countries for that matter) are charging. 
I did a 40 hour a week internship at the police station - for a whole summer - unpaid.  That same summer I worked 30 hours a week as secret security at a retail chain for minimum wage.  I even had to pay for my internship, 10 college credits.  By the time I graduated I landed a spot as a full time Corrections Officer because of my experience and the fact that I knew everyone and they knew I did a good job.  Great pay, fantastic retirement, all the benefits, etc.  You get...
You didn't.  You mentioned it was for 30 people.  It doesn't really matter what shape it is.  I didn't think for 30 people it sounded like a major project involving blueprints, frame, and building materials.  Sounds like a gumpaste plane on a small cake.  That's why I balked at the $1500 price tag, as did the client.  I didn't know about the delivery, which could add a significant charge.  And I didn't say you should make it for under $100.  Neither did the client.  Her...
That minimum probably buys you more than just a 9 inch cake.  Unless it is an incredibly detailed masterpiece.  And gold.  Either way, he does have that pesky tv show and the whole name brand thing.  So, yes, he probably charges more than us who are not on tv.  I was referring to the fact that although the people that watch those shows don't have any idea how much they cost, they could probably never imagine a $50 per serving price tag.