Posts by Jess155

No, not from lifting a cake.  They're from smoothing the sides and top with a spatula or bench scraper and then not bothering to go over it again carefully to get rid of the marks.
That's fine if you don't want to use computer paper or viva or paint rollers, but you don't have to bash those that do.  By the way, using those would take those spatula marks and pock marks right out of your buttercream cakes - I can see them in your gallery.  We take the time to do these things because we don't want to rush through and have our BC look unfinished.  I'm not trying to offend you, but don't knock it 'till you've tried it.
I always use computer paper when I use a crusting BC (obviously).  Its fantastic!  But as to the original question, I don't think there is any one brand that's better than the other.  I definitely would not use card stock.  Just regular copy paper is perfect. 
Agree.   I'm assuming the other customers for that weekend came to you after she did.  If so, she was first and should be first served, as you stated. 
This is so true - in caking and in life.  I do all of about 5-6 cakes per year, so mine are not going to be as fantastic as those who do this for a living.  Of course, we've all seen Cake Wrecks and that makes me feel better .
Chocolate and vanilla are always the most popular for weddings, although I occasionally have a lemon, carrot, red velvet, or french vanilla tier.   I'm going to assume you are a hobby baker (like me), not a business.  Single tastings can be very expensive and time consuming when you're talking multiple cake flavors, fillings, and icings.  I've done several weddings for friends and not one has asked for a tasting. They know that they are getting a free wedding cake (I...
This thread is 5 years old... but still an interesting read.
Welcome!  I just copy and paste it to a Word document and then print.  Lots of great recipes to try!
Yes, please DON'T use that one!  Ha!  I'm not sure if it means the same thing in Ireland as it does here in America... but yeah, very lewd.   I like Powdered Blossoms actually, very unique. 
It does taste like whipped butter!  My recipe calls for 6 sticks of butter, but I only add 4.  It's still buttery, but much better.  Also, add lots of good quality flavor - even if it's just vanilla.  Seriously, cutting down on the butter doesn't affect the stability, and it tastes much better!