Posts by Jess155

I use copper color.
Right.  They are talking about the thin 1" tall pans for home use.  They are not talking about the 2" tall pans.  One cake mix makes 24 cupcakes or 2  6" round 2" tall to make 1  4" tall 6" round tier - which serves 12.
I don't think a cupcake is equal to a proper serving of cake.  I can make a 6" cake that serves 12 or with the same amount of batter I can make 24 cupcakes.  A cupcake is a half a serving of cake with a full serving of frosting. 
My DH used to work at a personal aircraft manufacturer.  They made airplanes for rich people.  Could we afford one?  No.  Were they worth the price?  Yes.  Just because YOU wouldn't spend the money doesn't mean what you make is worth less.  Also as your skills increase, the way you view your time and worth increases.
  You charged $30 for a 3 tier??  Did you tell her that was only to cover the supplies and all your hard work would be thrown in for free?  Because if you didn't you are doing a great disservice to those who charge for their labor and overhead.    Usually people wait until they have a good grasp of the skill to start charging for their work.  If you don't feel that your skills are worth anything (and clearly you don't because you're not charging for them) then don't...
Interesting that this is OPs first post ever and hasn't been back.  She's blaming them for putting it on a leaning table but it was the same one she put the cake on.  The cake was still in the box, etc.  Lots of holes in this story...
This.  What kind of idiot puts a 6 tier on a wobbly table like that???
  I would never show them the cake before I deliver it and I would never make the cake until I received payment (if I were in business).  That opens up a can of worms for them to nitpick.    I also would never point out small mistakes (they will notice large ones and they should've been fixed first anyway) because the customer will not notice the mistakes like cake makers do.  They just won't.    To the original question, I think it's nice to include a small smash cake...
Oh, that would be hilarious!  The person in front would be all serious, and the hands are making a giant mess and screwing everything up.  I can totally see that!
Like-   -Last name or town name in there -Short and to the point       Dislike-   -Misspellings "Kakes" etc. -Names that are over done "Cakes by So-and -So" -Trying to be edgy but bordering on offensive   Out of the ones you listed, I like "Baked" and "Babushka Bakery" the best.    It's sort of like choosing a name for your child, isn't it?  I've never met a doctor, for example, (and I know many, many doctors) named Bambi or Trixie. ...