Posts by oakleygirl77

I still have not received my refund.  I've sent several emails to them and have not heard 1 single response.  How did you go about getting your refund?
If you are looking for the clear plastic ones go to www.cuptainers.comthat is where I order mine from and I looked around ALOT before buying to check prices.
I use buttercream on all of my cakes and just use fondant for the accent pieces. That way people that don't like fondant can just peel off the fondant before they eat the cake.
YES!!!! That's great news, thanks for posting!!
Has anyone ever refrigerated cake batter for any length of time? I have hundreds of cupcakes to make this weekend and I was thinking of making all of the batters tonite and then using them tomorrow and Saturday.I know they say you can refrigerate batter while other cupcakes are baking and then bring it back to room temperature before baking...but I was wondering if it would work if the batter was refrigerated overnight.
Try The Saleplace in Mesquite (Balch Springs). It's a big warehouse and the area looks really run down...but they have tons of stuff to choose from. Its on the corner of I-635 and Elam Rd.
Take the cakes out of the oven about 2 minutes before it is completely done (or when there is just a few cake crumbs on the toothpick) and let it sit in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Leaving it in the hot pan will cook it all the way. After 10 minutes remove from the pans and immediately wrap in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer.That's what I do and everyone says how moist my cakes are.
Here is the recipe that I use for chocolate fudge icing. It's a cream cheese base, but trust me...it tastes just like a piece of fudge after it crusts. I use it on my cupcakes and cakes and it crusts and comes out very smooth and is thick enough to hold a shape when it is piped.½ cup (1 stick/8 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature1 teaspoon vanilla extract½ cup unsweetened cocoa4 cups powdered confectioners sugar1 to 4...
I set the drum on a plywood board when I deliver it. After you drop it off at the location, just slide the cake drum off the board and keep your plywood. I am very fortunate to work for a company that has a professional carpenter on duty. He cuts the scrap wood into 12x12 and 14x14 pieces for me---huge lifesaver...no cost to me and I don't have to get my boards back.
Has anyone used the Cricut Cake frosting sheets? I tried to use one last night and it just keep breaking into pieces when it started to cut. I used alot of Crisco to coat the mat. What am I doing wrong? Anyone else have this problem with them?