Posts by shimmering

Despite all those scientific research in various countries, most of them are almost always funded directly or indirectly by big companies that uses aspartame in many of their products. While it might not be a poison, it is still bad for you. There have been plenty of independent studies showing that they are harmone disrupters and may cause various issues in various people.   Do not believe everything the internet or wikipedia says. Wikipedia is very unreliable source...
Thanks for all the advice guys. I have decided on chocolate ganache, just becoz I like the taste better than buttercream. I ll try the upside down method, becoz it looks faster. I really don't have the time and patience to freeze the cake so many times. Moreover I have three cubes to cover so I want it done fast. Anyways the cake is due 29th. So wish me luck guys.
I am making a square alphabet blocks cake for my nephew. What kind of frosting do i use on the cake so that I can get sharp edges for fondant. I have to transport the cake to chuk e cheese in daytime. Temp might be around 80-90 and chuk e cheese is around 20-30 mins away. But the car has ac. I need help!! Any tips on transporting are appreciated too.
Wow thanks...!! I ll look into it. It sounds kind of intimidating, but I am going to give it a try.
Hi,I am trying to make a spinning moon cake( i know moon doesn't spin, but well) for my nephewHe likes alphabets and loves astronauts. So I was thinking of making some alphabet blocks on the bottom tier, and a spinning moon with astronaut on top of the alphabet blocks.I have no idea as to what kind of motor to use or where to get it to make the moon spin. I can probably try to build some structure, but any help on that would be great too. At this point I am completely...
I have been putting fondant on my cakes for quite some time now, but they never come out smooth. I was watching this show on tv, and she put a ton of icing on her cake and still her fondant came out smooth and had sharp edges. I thought we were not supposed to put that much icing and only crumb coat the cake when using fondant??What do you guys do to get a perfectly smooth and well contoured cake with fondant?Do you use any different king of icing. Any special recipe. And...