Posts by joycesdaughter111

I was hoping Wisconsin would be passing a cottage food law.I don't want to make a ton of money or take anybody's business away.I am just an enthusiastic hobby baker who wants to sell a cake here and there without ending up in jail!
I use a clay extruder I bought from Michaels. They have a large one and a small one. I recommend getting the big one with a coupon. Fondant is not hard to push through if it is fresh. I use mine often. Happy caking!
Ive always wondered why one would use a cake ring instead of a cake pan? Anyone?
The beauty of so many of the cakes here on CC make me keep pushing myself to get better with each cake I make.I especially love to see it when a newbie's cakes get better and better because of hanging out on here.I have learned sooo much from cake central ! We are all lucky to have this site! Keep caking everyone.
If you can't get Tappits, there's new letters called Windsor Clicksticks that have a built in ejector you could try.
These sound really good. By a 400g tin of pie apples, do you mean sweetened apple pie filling from a can?
Thanks guys, off to make my board!
Oh, hello, Texas Sugar!I never thought of that. I don't know what I would use to cover it with though because the shape is round.I plan on covering the edge of the board with ribbon no matter which way I go, fondant or royal.
HELP! Hubby made me a nice and sturdy 18" cake board 1/2 " thick.I want to reuse it often. If I cover the board in royal icing will it come off? Can I "crack" it off, soak it off or is royal better suited for throw-away boards? If so, then I'll just cover the board in fondant like I usually do. Thanks so much.
I agree with Jaimelt76 that the Wilton set is a good place to start. Plastic cutters have a HUGE advantage over metal in two ways 1) they won't rust 2) they don't bend like the metal ones can.