Posts by joycesdaughter111

Hello all,I have been asked to make these two cakes and don't know how much to charge. The peace sign cake is a 6 inch on top of a 10 inch. The tool belt cake has a full sheet cake under the floor.Any help would be appreciated because I always undercharge and these cakes are so much work! These two cakes are in my photos...I am trying to add the attatchments and it won't let me...
I made a really cool toolbelt with tools for the top of a cake...the recipient liked it so much he was wondering if there is a way to "preserve" this piece of art for awhile??? I have never heard of this. Could I coat it in edible varnish? A spray? Anyone??? TIA for any help...keep caking...
I'd LOVE a fondant sheeter, too! But in reality, I need more of those pricey flower cutter/veiner sets, airbrush and good cake books.I also would like toys to make those glass isomalt tiles for cakes.But most of all all colors of the rainbow of petal, luster and disco dusts!Just dreamin'...
How does this stuff taste?
Sorry for my inaccurate post above. I hastily read the question. I thought you were talking about a cake base board for the bottom of the cake.
I'm not a pro, but I use two masonite boards glued together ( 1/2 inch thick) then covered in fondant. You can use any kind of heavy board that will not bend.
You can use steam or edible varnish (recipe section on here). Both will make fondant shiny, HTH
I do not use Betty Crocker mixes anymore because of the size change. If we all switch to Duncan Hines or Pillsbury, I'm sure BC will notice they are not making any money!
I used red gel-dyed piping gel for the blood on my sword cake (in my photos.) Although this might be too runny for this purpose. Americolor SuperRed dye will make a nice deep blood red. Maybe just dye your buttercream red and thin it out with a little water and drip it on. HTH.
I do many cookies on sticks (see photos). My preferred method is carefully inserting sticks before baking. I then turn the cookie over and press a long thin piece of dough over the stick line to make sure the stick will be baked inside. Then turn cookie back over. I have never had a cookie fall off the stick yet.HTH.