Posts by joycesdaughter111

Thank you, AZCouture. I thought I would need tooth picks or something to hold it up somehow.
Is it possible to adhere a fondant/gum paste belt to a butter cream cake??? Will it be too heavy to hold itself up?  I have no idea how to go about this.   The one in the photo looks like a REAL belt attatched to butter cream. I don't understand  how this was attatched to the buttercream without messing it up unless maybe they chilled the cake well.    If I can't figure this out I will have to rest the belt on the cake board which will not look as nice as the cake in...
Thanks everyone for your input.
Thanks so much Blakes Cakes. I will look into that. I didn't want to pay $25 for a "groove."
I need a CelBoard for making gum paste peonies and leaves. Prices are $20 to $40 dollars each. Has anyone ever made something like this at home? Appreciate any help.
I use Rose Levy Berenbaum's rolled cookie recipe called Traditional Rolled Christmas cookies from her book. No spreading at all and a shelf life of several MONTHS.
I use a ball of fondant 2 inches smaller than I want the ball to be. Just put the fondant ball on top of a small piece of foil wrapped cake board and then on top of your butter cream. The fondant will stay soft enough for you to stick wires in while you work on it. See wedding cake on page 2 of my photos for example.
I live in Milwaukee and I shop at Cooks Cake and Candy. They have cake dummies there. Google them and call to see if they have your sizes. HTH.
I have a polka dot rolling pin. I dust it with cornstarch before rolling it over fondant or gum paste and have no trouble with it sticking to the pin and clean up is a breeze. The only problem with my 8 inch pin is that it is only good on smaller pieces like a length ribbon. On bigger pieces like a six inch round circle for example, I can't seem to push down evenly enough to get uniform dots, so I am wondering if anyone has solved this problem?
The boat in my photos is made of RKT, then covered with candy melts, then plain old fondant which dried nicely over night. HTH.