Posts by cutiepiecupcake

I so want to just 'high-five' you right now 
Hi there :)   I use to try and price my cakes upon a 'per slice' basis.. but it doesn't make sense really, as you most likely know already that every cake you design and decorate is so uniquely different and there are so many variables.    I feel personally that the best way is to cost out your ingredients, materials, gas & electricity, water (to the very last.. including the ribbon around the base board!), and then sit down and really try your hardest to...
For wedding cakes and the like (highly decorated special occasion cakes over $400) I offer 2 flavours of mud cake for a price of $17.. this fee is reimbursed if they decide to proceed with an order. Any additional flavour tastings are at the client's own cost, and I have to say I have not had one person question as to why I charge for my tastings :) My motto in business is to always remain confident in what you do, and be firm but polite.. have faith in the way your run...
Well I am going to throw a spanner in the works on this topic and say the I LOVE MY CRICUT CAKE.. in fact I have been lucky to have never had any dramas using it, however I am not limited to just cartridges either as I can still use MTC. My latest cake was designed using my Cricut...
I actually add cocoa powder to mine and it works a treat.. beautiful deep rich blood red (works with buttercream also).  I do agree with the other poster regarding the advice on leaving it to develop overnight. Good luck x
Hi ladies... Have any of you tried Fondx? It is fab to work with and SO delicious in comparison to the taste of Bakels or Satin. I purchase mine from JL Stewarts. You could call them and enquire as to whether you may be eligible for a wholesale account?! Fondx also have pre-coloured in both their regular range and also the Elite range.. the Elite tastes AWESOME.. almost too good because at the end of a decorating day I find myself stuffing my mouth with the off cuts.....
That's great Costumeczar.. thank you!
Hello CC members... I was hoping that you may be able to help me win this little comp (yes.. I am fiercly competitive lol). If you admire and actually like this custom cake I have created could you please follow this link http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150468229522108.361468.25821607107&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=10150468425907108&set=a.10150468229522108.361468.25821607107&type=3&theater and 'like' my Master Yoda cake. Thank you xx
Check out this link.. so awesomely helpful.. this is my 'go to guide' when organise all of my quotes.. with the exception of novelty sculpted cakes. HTHhttp://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cakulator.cgi?group_round=11&.defaults=Reset&option=3&option=Select+Cakulator&servingSize=Continue&serving_width=1&serving_length=2&serving_height=4&.cgifields=group_sheet&.cgifields=group_square&.cgifields=group_round
ah haa.. that cake is too cute And look at that.. nothing to sweat over.. it turned out great!