Posts by BooperBaker78

It took YEARS to perfect my cake recipes... so I can relate to your frustration!! Don't want to sound stingy but I could lose business by posting my full recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes.... however.... here are a few tips that just might help:Add 1 premade pudding cup (Snack pack-vanilla) to each batch.Use buttermilk instead of milk. Or milk + 1-1/2 TB apple cider vinegar1 Tablespoon of MayoBake cupcakes at 350 degrees - until just past the gooey stage.... about 17 minutes....
First of all... who sends a 4 year old little one ALONE to handle any business tranaction? I don't care how small of a town you live in... NEVER hand a small child a $20 and send him on his way to purchase a cookie, snowcone, toy, etc! The parent is responsible for the purchase! Eesh!!! On the subject on how to handle... Facebook can be a great tool in advertising, and can be the direct opposite at times! Always handle your self with grace - no matter how ugly she gets....
No worries.... I live in SouthTexas (extreme heat and humidity) and as long as cupcakes/cakes are refrigerated for about 4-6 hours before leaving - buttercream will be fine! Place fondant either just before leaving, or at the venue. Make sure to have your vehicle good and cool (turn on AC full blast for about 5-10 minutes before loading the cupcakes. If cupcakes are being placed near a window - COVER with blanket/towel to keep from direct sunlight!! Hope that helps....
I had to brag a little (actually, its more like an encouragement for those who are looking for the best fondant).... I just finished a wedding cake consultation/tasting, the Bride had it in her mind that fondant was gross and would not be used on her cake... well... I convinced her to just try mine, if she didn't like it... not a problem... no fondant, BUT she tried it and absolutely LOVED IT!! I have used the Satin Ice in the past but was getting reviews from my clients...
Everyone who has ever had one of my fondant cakes has told me the fondant was amazing! Even the fondant haters!! I use this MMF recipe (one I found here and tweaked a little):1 (10 oz bag) + 1 cup of mini "jet puffed" marshmellows. 1/2 cup of crisco1 tsp butter flavoring1 tsp alomnd flavoring1 tsp vanilla flavoring2- 1/2 TB waterMIX WELL.Microwave on medium for 1 minute. Stir well. Microwave in 10 second intervals until completely melted. Stir.Slowly add powdered sugar...
Can't believe I am about to do this... lol... I have kept this recipe a secret for many years. But so many of you have been so willing to share your secrets, now its my turn to pay it forward. Not bragging by any means, but my vanilla cake is known to be "the best in town." I have played with this recipe, and finally came up with the perfect vanilla cake!! Makes beautiful cupcakes too!You will need ;1 DH French Vanilla cake Mix2/3 cup of whole milk2/3 cup of French Vanilla...
SCP... I wasn't impling that retaining a proper license is a "silly rule." Not sure why you took it that way.... I am stating from the baker's point of view, that in these specific cases, the rule is a bit ridiculous. (In my personal opinion) If we are licensed by the county in which we perform these services, it shouldn't matter where we deliver to. I do understand that "laws are laws", but there are some laws that don't make much sense, and are unfair - not only to the...
It is a very silly "rule" for venues to have... but more and more recently, I have had this issue with my wedding cakes. In most cases, I have been able to contact the venue, and ask if any outside insurance was available to purchase, so I could create the cake as planned. Only once has this been unsuccessful. There are several event insurance companies that provide a one time insurance policy, making it possible for small vendors like myself. I actually had one Bride tell...
I haven't found a premade fondant that I (nor my customers) am happy with the taste in comparison to my homemade fondant. Its the only fondant my customers have told me that they LOVE... and actually do not peel off of the cake. Yes, it is MMF. But it is by far my favorite in the flavor and texture catagories. 13 oz. mini marshmellows (please note that store brands are often discolored)1/2 cup Crisco 3 TB water Melt together in microwave for, no longer than 1 min and 30...
I have tried it both ways, several times. And honestly, the stacked transport always went much better! (For me, anyway). It just seems that I an into to many issues after arrival with a non stacked cake, even with giving myself plenty of time. For example: arriving at the venue - and they don't have the cake table set up. Or... not being able to properly detail the cake... I could go on and on with the bad experiences I have had. If stacked correctly, and driving carefully...