Posts by Crissielyn

Just wanted to leave a final note in case someone having the same issue comes across this and stumbles on this post.  I was finally able to make the shell once I bought the silicone version of the giant cupcake pan.  Got it on amazon for 9.99 and it was very easy to pull the silicone away slightly and get out the shell.   No matter what I did, the chocolate was stuck fast to the metal pan and I always used a couple nice thick layers.  Did not matter if I put it in the...
Just checked and the tutorials definitely show the metal pan...
I am using the metal pan.  The one I did this morning I put the first coat in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set and then gave it a second coat and decided to just leave it out on the counter until I get home from work tonight.   Do I need the silicone to make it work?  
I am trying it again, but this time with candy melts with no color added.  I am waiting on the second coat to set, but it still looks like that thing is going to be clinging to the side of the pan and not pop out.
I can't make this work. Two attempts and the shell will not come out of the pan. It's stuck to the sides tight and any pressure applied makes it break off into pieces. Using Wilton candy melts darkened with a bit if gel coloring. Read to try sticking it in the freezer which didn't help. Even after two coats and left for hours to set up the darn shell does not come out of the pan.
Having some issues making a chocolate (candy melt) shell for a giant cupcake.  All the tutorials say to melt the candy melts, coat the pan with the melted chocolate, double coat once first coat sets up, let is set up for an hour or so in the fridge, then pop it out of the pan.   Well, I have tried twice and it doesn't work.  The candy shell will not come out of the pan.  Each time is crumbles or breaks into piece and will not release cleanly.  I am using Wilton candy...
I have always stayed with the three day rule, but this time I am going to require one extra day.     This cake is not for sale, but it is for an event that is important to me and I still need to taste good.
Hi Everyone,   I am doing a four tiered cake for an event on Thursday afternoon.  I have no way of getting to done if its not done this weekend.    The cake will have no perishable fillings (just BC) and will be sealed in fondant.  My plan is to bake the cakes today (Saturday), freeze today, and then defrost and ice tonight or tomorrow, then cover in fondant tomorrow.   Do you think this will be ok?  The cakes will basically be defrosted and sealed in fondant...
Thanks Leah.  Yes, I think I have read most of your posts on the topic.  With shipping figured in, its still almost $40 from Oasis, but I have not yet emailed for a discount code so I will do that for sure.  May I ask what you use to cut your columns?  You probably have covered this a million times before, but I cant recall.   I dont charge for my cakes so maybe I am coming from a different view point.  I pretty much only do them for charity, family/friends, and...
I have read so  many threads about how cheap the SPS is, but I am not finding cheap pricing (especially once you factor in shipping).  $40 for a disposable system for one cake just doesn't seem that good of a deal.  I have scoured the web for where to buy these and cant seem to find a good deal.  Also, only one site seems to have the EZ Cut columns which I would really prefer.   Thanks for that info Cheryl!  The stress free might just be the way to go.