Posts by Lemmers

I've never been to one either, and same as PP not sure whether its worth it or not! A lot of people go year after year so I guess they must be half good at least! lol
Hiya! I'm considering going, but from the other side of the country I'm afraid- my best advice would be to try the coach companies as some may have day travel to the shows, or National Express.Good luck!
It will really depend on the recipe to be honest! If it's a dense cake, then it shoudl be fine, but if it's a very light cake it may not take too well to it. Lemon cakes can be made using hundreds of different recipes, which all produce a different cake texture. HTH!
I can't see why you wouldn't be able to use buttercream instead of candy melts, but it would be a lot more time consuming having to coat each and every tiny pop, especially as it's not a flat surface! With candy melts, you just dip and its all coated in one go.
My first thought was to put some of the socks hanging from a washing line maybe? Not terribly exciting, but it may add a little interest?
Oh my goodness- what a situation to be in!!!I agree with the previous poster regarding suggesting classes etc due to your 'lack of time' to coach her. Not quite sure how I'd tell her she isn't quite good enough to start selling yet- that's a tough one With her asking to go into business with you, maybe just say you've done all your legal work and have built up a client base etc etc so basically things are working perfectly for you, and it would really rock your business...
I'm in the UK, so haven't heard of the shows that seem to be the favourites on here, but I do watch Ace of Cakes when I can, and Food Network challenge (though its all repeats lately :/ )I also just watched an episode of Staten Island Cakes, and actually preferred it to Cake Boss just because the guy didn't seem to be so much of a big mouth douche bag. We also get DC Cupcakes and The Cakegirls, but there is far too much 'acting' and added drama for my liking.There are some...
Hello all!I am looking to be an exhibitor at a UK wedding fayre, but have never done this before and was looking for some tips or ideas to really get myself noticed!I won't be advertising as a wedding CAKE decorator, as I don't feel my skills are upto that as yet, but am looking to sell myself as offering cupcake displays, and wedding favours such as mini decorated cookies, cake pops/cake balls, truffles, chocolate dipped pretzels or fruits etc etc.....Any thoughts,...
Your idea of the raspberry/strawberry coulis sounds like a good plan to me! I can't think of anything else apart from jam (which would look kinda congealed ha ha). Anything else I can think of would either be too solid so not drip, or would absorb into the cake! Ooh, on second thought- maybe if there is a way you could hollow out the middle, put a buttercream barrier and then some melted white chocolate coloured red? Not sure whether it would set up again though- but maybe...
It will depend on the recipe, but to be honest I have NEVER come across a CAKE recipe that calls for cold butter- always room temp as it mixes in better. But there are bound to be exceptions.With cookies again it depends on the recipe- I've found most 'cut out' cookies to call for cold butter, but drop cookies often call for room temp, soft butter.HTH!!