Posts by SugarMama5

I just pulled the flowers out of the box and they're in a shallow dish! Sweet! The flowers totally won't touch the cake and I can just give the flowers to them to just place on top of the cake. *** happy dance ***
I think my best bet is to wait until tomorrow to put them on the cake. I don't want the flowers to die. What's the best way to put the flowers on the cake? I've heard of flower picks (without water??) and straws. Does anyone have some good tips? Thank you!
Would you put the flower pick in the cake with or without water? I would think without water. And when would you put the flowers on? I'm just debating this tonight for tomorrow's wedding cake. All the cakes I do have had sugar flowers. This one has real flowers... Now I'm trying to figure out what to do, lol.
Would you put the flower pick in the cake with or without water? I would think without water. And when would you put the flowers on? I'm just debating this tonight for tomorrow's wedding cake. All the cakes I do have had sugar flowers. This one has real flowers... Now I'm trying to figure out what to do, lol. Good thread by the way
Very cute! I love it! How was it doing a cake in silver or gold?
That's what I do too. I do everything I can to avoid using gel colors to color fondant. I simply hate doing it.I think I'm going to do up a cake for my family and play with my airbrush. I think it'll be worth the time to figure it out!!
I had to do a wedding cake this weekend. The bride gave me a color swatch and wanted the fondant to match. Kind of a nightmare... I hate coloring fondant bc it changed the consistency and I find it dries it out and looks like elephant skin and just doesn't behave. Makes me crazy actually! Plus it takes forever to color large amounts. (Took me 2 hours to color my fondant... I didn't have it all out for 2 hours, I took a bit at a time and colored it so it wouldn't be crazy...
Thank you for all of your input!
What do you think the best way to attach gumpaste roses to a cake is? I am doing a cake like this next month. I was thinking using royal icing to attach them? Or maybe make the base of each flower with a wooden skewer and then sticking them into the cake... But I worry that the flowers might be too heavy and I'd die if if started to fall out/tear the fondant/cake. I also thought about wiring them and making them like garland but I worry that one wrong move means broken...
I did one like that and piping gel worked perfectly. I assembled the cake the placed it on a large pan/cookie sheet... Or for wax paper and use something to prop up the wax paper so that any dragees that drop don't roll onto the floor. I just mixed the sizes together and took handfuls and gently pressed it against the piping gel. It took me about 2 hours or so to do 3 tiers (6,8,10). Get a chair, turn on a movie and your set. Good luck! I have one like this to do in a...