Posts by SammieB

I had this problem a lot when I was in residential fixture sales. People would come in to pick out faucets, lights, hardware, etc for their houses and not have a clue what they wanted and couldn't tell me. Usually I could get an idea of what to offer and show them if I got a budget estimate, and maybe samples of carpet, paint, floorplan, etc. Maybe you could help her figure it out based on her other wedding details? Flowers/colors/dress/venue? I guess it depends on how...
Just a random fantasy flower to get in the hang of things. I[l post a pic later, I'm actually kind of proud of it.
Nothing big here, just a Mother's Day cake for my mom. Chocolate Mud cake with SMBC. Though I did make my first ever gumpaste flower tonight. Wheee!
Not particularly, I've been researching for an hour now, and I still don't know if there's anywhere you can just buy the blade and not the whole kit. Not that I'm not thrilled she came out with the produce and what not, but for a dvd (which apparently has the same info as what she has released on youtube), an instruction booket, and blade the price seems very high.
My hubby just bought me a Cameo for my Mother's Day present, how awesome is he? But of course he didn't know about Linda's blade. I was looking at her website, and $75 + $10 shipping seems pretty steep. Is there no way to get just the blade alone? I actually saw on some Silhouette forums where people had no problem using the included blade with icing sheets, I'm guessing in part since they are no thicker than card stock. But I haven't seen anyone say they were able to cut...
It doesn't dissolve,but it will pull moisture out of the air, and especially if it touches buttercream directly, so it can end up a little sticky and more opaque. Isomalt is just a different produce for sugar work, so you would be handling extremely hot sugar. You could hand shape it, but it would have to be pulled first and definitely be more opaque, and it would be tough to get it uniform. If it were me I would pour it into some silicone tubing to get the round shape and...
You know, Tails, that's a really good idea! I may have to use that for a birthday cake for my hubs! It wouldn't be hard either if you found a good size tube to just pour your sugar into. Hmmm, ideas....
Funny how different people have different temps too! I wonder if location and humidity have anything to do with the difference? Anything i cook above 310 quickly becomes too brittle to pull. It begins to just snap apart, and heating it more to soften it makes it too hard to handle. I would imagine it being a sticky blobby mess is more humidity than anything. Freezing isn't a good idea, as something comes back to temp and water condenses on it it will most definitely make...
I've seen even the best trained dogs behave like sneaky little children before. My well behaved kids have been known to stick their finger in the side of a cake too! I've seen a beagle jump and grab a hamburger off a plate on a countertop that looked like she was defying gravity. It happens.And I agree with whoever pointed out she didn't say she was a business or selling cakes from her kitchen. Calm down, please! I have 2 cats and I wipe down everything before caking and...
I've been facebook stalking you for a while b/c, well, you guys are both fabulous. That circus cake you did was just jaw-droppingly amazing! Good luck to you both! I know you will be super successful.