Posts by mhcl

Haha!  Is that the new line? I hear it's far superior than it's previous line Poof! Maybe it's just me but when I hear that word..Abracadabra..I can't help but hear Bugs Bunny singing in my head...Ladadeedadada..abracadabra...ladadeedadada...hocus pocus..If nobody else knows to what I'm referring, I just embarrassed myself in front of the whole interwebs and I need to stop watching so much dvr'd Looney Tunes with my kids.
Ta-Da!!!  Get it?  Because if you get it, you'll get it. 
I believe she says on her fb page that it's a crusting buttercream.
Have you tried mixing it 50/50 with gumpaste? 
I'm sorry that this is off topic but I had to say something.  I don't know if this term is new or maybe I've just never heard it but I love it!  Haha!  Thank you!
I love me a minion!  I showed 2 of my kids you picture and they both gasped and said "I want that cake"!
Yes.  It should be very cold before you cover.  HTH
I would like to say that I like the idea of the "Price the Cake" Thread.  It's interesting to read about what other people would charge and why they would charge that way.  I will say, that to me, today's doesn't seem to be so much about "showcasing another artists well made cake" and more just picking on i,t which I'm not really interested in reading another person's work belittled.  Just my own thought.  And as jadedlogic said, not everyone who asks what someone would...
I've had this happen to me when I needed red fondant.  I'm no expert but I read too much coloring can cause this.  I slowly worked in corn syrup and it eventually was workable.  Not the best, but workable.  Hope that helps you a little.  I think you can use glycerin if you have that on hand as well.
I agree that the MMF is way more messy. There may be more ingredients and more steps to MFF but I recommend it.  I made MFF a couple days ago for the first time and I am in love!  I didn't cover a cake in it so I can't comment on that but I did use it for accents.  The texture was wonderful which made kneading it feel calming, which we sometimes need in caking, don't we  It was also easier for me tocolor and roll out than MMF.  I suggest you make both of them once and...