Posts by cakeMeesa

I just baked my cakes and they are cooling on a wire rack. I am about to make chocolate ganache for the first time. I plan to use semisweet chocolate ganache for the filling and then cover it with white chocolate ganache , then cover with fondant. My question is, do I need to let the chocolate ganache settle over night first? Or can I pop it in the fridge for like 15 minutes then be able to use it to cover my cake tonight?
I will be making a cake similar to this -- http://andeverythingsweet.blogspot.com/2013/02/vocabularry.html   I will also be making a smash cake. Any fun ideas on how I should decorate the smash cake to match the theme? So far, I'm just thinking that I will cover with blue buttercream and add either fondant or buttercream clouds. The main cake will be fondant, but the smash will be in BC - so it's messier to smash! 
I've been doing a lot of research, and obviously there are a lot of methods out there. I just want to know what works best for you.   1.) I am NOT using an SPS system. I don't have the supplies for that. 2.) My tiers are 9" and 6" rounds. 3.) They will be covered in ganache then fondant 4.) There is a modeling chocolate/RKT figure on top (about the size of a baseball)   So this is what I am thinking (correct me if I'm wrong!)....   1.) Spread a little ganache on...
I am making a figure out of RKT and covering it in modeling chocolate. I was wondering, how hard does it get when it dries? I want to make sure that it won't stay soft and malleable when I am finished with it.   Also, how should I support it on top of a 2 tier cake? It is about the size of a baseball. I tried sticking a wooden dowel on the bottom for the beginning process so that it can dry without laying directly on itself, but the stick ended up going through the head...
I have a cake due this Sunday. I plan on making a rice cereal treat figure and covering it in modeling chocolate. I know it needs to cure first before working with it. I want to make it in advance but can I store it in the fridge until I'm ready to use it? I need to put it in the fridge because my apartment is set to 90 degrees during the day and I can't change it. I am assuming that 90 degrees is not a good "room temperate" to leave it out! So is it ok to leave in the...
Yes, the cake will be driven about 30 minutes away. The client's husband will be the one picking it up.
Thank you for your responses. I bought a Wilton cake board that is about 1/2 inch thick and says its ideal for stacked cakes. Hope it holds it up! 
I am making a birthday cake for my friend's daughter. It's her first birthday so I'll be baking a 2 tier cake, 6" and 9" with ganache filling and covered in fondant. I will be decorating it with more fondant elements as well as putting a modeling chocolate figure on top. I will also be making a smash cake, as well as a dozen gluten-free cupcakes topped with ganache.   I don't have a business and I do this as a hobby.. so I have no idea how much to charge. It's always...
I have wooden dowels to support the top tier and a cake board for the top. I meant for the overall bottom base for the entire cake. Do I need to put the cake on plywood? I'm scared that the Wilton cake platter will bend and break when picking up the cake
I'm going to be making a 2 tier cake with the bottom being 9 in and the top 6 in. I will probably put 3 layers of cake for each tier and cover them with fondant. What is the best base to put this cake on? I bought the Wilton cake platter that is shiny but I don't know if it will be able to support the weight of the cake. Any ideas of what else to use?