Posts by Cargen

So please don't judge me based on my icing smoothness. With all the problems I had, I had very little time to actually re-ice and smooth the cake. Now that I know how to do it, if I ever make another one, it will look much better. Thank you for all your help and here is the finished product.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2211406
THANK YOU so much guys. I never thought about skewers before. All I have ever heard is toothpicks and I always seem to have problems with them. I lOVE the skewers. Had a little bit of a problem b/c I made the spout 4 days ago so when I put the skewers in, it cracked a little. Showed it to her though and she didn't seem to mind. I will ALWAYS use these from now on. If I ever make this cake again, it will be sooooo much better. You guys really saved my hind end.
I need your help PLEASE. I am begging. I am making a tea pot cake and I CANNOT get the spout to stay on. I made the spout out of gum paste/fondant mix with 4 toothpicks sticking out of it. My cake is iced in buttercream. I used melted chocolate and put it on the toothpicks and the inside of the spout hoping that would help it stick in the cake. It will not stick though no matter what I do. It keeps falling out and it tearing up the cake.Do you know what I can do?I am...
Thank you for the quick response EnglistCakeLady. I am going to order some now. I can't wait to try it!!!! I really appreciate all your help.
WOW! I am soooo glad I found this post. I always saw fabulous bows and wondered how people did them but never could quite figure it out. I used your technique this weekend and the results were awesome. I was so proud of how the bow looked. I wanted to ask you about your spray though. I found some on a website, but was wondering if you just bought the clear glaze or if you bought the colored ones? I found PME lustre spray in colors or PME edible glaze spray in clear.Thank...
Thanks TexasSugar.I actually looked up the recipe after I posted b/c I was pretty sure I spelled it wrong. Oops!!!
I normally make the Wilton buttercream icing, but have found I have to add more vanilla and butter extract than the recipe calls for to get the crisco taste out of your mouth. Now, I think it is getting too sweet though so I have been researching other icings. I found the indybebbie (gosh I can't remember if that is how you spell it) buttercream and everyone seems to rave about it. My fear is though that it is made with milk. The wilton icing stays good for long periods...
One more try... I guess I don't know what I'm doing. The file is well under 2MB and I am clicking on add attachment, browse, and then adding it but it never shows up.
I for the life of me cannot figure out how to add the picture. Let's try it again.[img][/img]
OK Ladies and Gents,I am making 100 cake pops for a party next week. The two girls are 8 and 10 years old and the theme of the party is red carpet. I am going for elegant yet something small girls would like.I am having a total mind block on how to put them together in the bouquet. I have attached a picture of the 4 containers I have purchased thus far as possibilities. I am leaning towards one of the red ones. What do you think?Also, what can I do to dress it up. I am...