Posts by esangston

And these replies are why i love this site! So much info from a simple question making me think of all kinds of things. I knew there was room for improvement from my own needs, as basing it on what i wanted in the first place was where the whole idea came from. most of the stuff I do is all sculpted cakes and fondant work... i dont think i've had to fill an icing bag in months! I do kinda miss it tho...What i've got so far, is the ability to use premade wilton and...
Working on an app for cake designing. I've been in the market for a good paint like app since i started decorating with almost no luck. So I'm wittering one. I was wondering what fellow cake decorators would like to see inan app. Currently its basically a paint type program where you would select your cake shape from a list of templates, or just start with a blank screen. You pick from colors from Wilton and Americolor, but also have the ability to create acustom color....
yall have given some awesome ideas!!!! i was planning on the borders and swags but completely forgot about that... so thanks for reminding me... (most of my cakes arent exactly the usual 3 tiered cakes lol so i dont use many bc borders, honestly i can go thru almost a full cake and never touch a piping bag lol) jlynnw - awesome idea... may take some thinking and may not be in the original release but ya know.... if i can figure out how to do it... ill do it! hamsquad -...
Working on an app for cake designing. I've been in the market for a good paint like app since i started decorating with almost no luck. So I'm wittering one. I was wondering what fellow cake decorators would like to see inan app. Currently its basically a paint type program where you would select your cake shape from a list of templates, or just start with a blank screen. You pick from colors from Wilton and Americolor, but also have the ability to create acustom color....
Hmm. That's a tricky one for sure. If it were me, id do the bottom tier rectangular and have it be a Bible, super easy to to and looks fantastic. You could even do it to look like her Bible maybe. The tiers for the mom and wife, id look up or ask her fav Bible verse regarding being a mom and wife. And put those around or on the front of the tiers tiers with maybe a pic or two. Maybe toss in a flower here and there.
butterbeer is supposed to taste similar to cream soda... there are sites you can purchase cream soda concentrate much like you can root beer. if you google butterbeer, you can find recipes for it and pull the spices into the cake. but I'd find a rootbeer cake recipe you have tried and use the cream soda concentrate. universal serves their cold butterbeer with a butterscotch foam, that could be an option for icing flavor. and i found this recipe for butterbeer...
mexican vanilla is basically pure vanilla extract with 2x the vanilla bean. so for a recipe that calls for mexican vanila, just use 2x pure vanilla... not imitation.
The net is overloaded with recipes for these and I don't have alot of time for trial and error. Add to that I just really don't feel like it so forgive my laziness. Anyone have a trusted recipe for one of these. Id like something than will go well with chocolate and vanilla smbc as I'm doing 2 tiers one with choc the other with vanilla. I don't mind doctoring a box but would really like to do scratch. I will have quite a few egg yolks laying around after smbc so I'd...
What all my gumpaste research has found: When it comes to tylose, and the various gums, I've read somewhere that they are almost interchangeable but I don't remember the ratios that give the same results. I haven't branched down the path of homemade gumpaste yet but most of the recipes I've found are pretty much the same 2 different recipes cept they vary on their gum/tylose ingredient or they don't require either of those 2 at all. I've even seen where you can make...
Don't you love it when you have to mesh random themes into a cake lol. The cake doesn't always have to go with the theme of the party, the cake just has to go with the person. I've I'm always doing random elements together and the best trick is to find common ground. I'm hoping it's a sailboat. If so you've got rope for a common element. You could give the whole cake a rope look either with fondant or buttercream (stack the rope borders). You have the blue jean bottom ...