Posts by cakedup_cakes

I'm not a pro either but I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Me on the other had a problem with the past system I was using and had a disaster cake. Once I learned about the SPS I tried it and the cake came out good....well I did have one problem with the SPS, you could see the plates under the cakes so I had to put a border to hide it. I'm going to try to order a plate a size smaller than the cake for example if the cake is 8in, I'll use a 6in separator plate. Did I do...
You should check out Leah's tutorial on Single Plate Separators (SPS) them :http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.htmlIt much easier to buy the column the same height of the cake so you don't have to cut them.
Yes Leah, I learned about the SPS from YOU!!!! Thank you so much!! I didn't know that they were single use. I wish I would of waited to reply to her. I thought no one was going to reply to this question. I guess I'll just go ahead and suck up the cost :0( since they are not reusable. I called the people I place my order with and asked them if it was reusable and they said yes.... but anyway. I don't see what the big deal is she's not losing money, she's going to get it...
So I have a 3 tier cake coming up. After I give the customer the price and they paid the deposit, I found out about SPS (single plate separators). Now before I learned about SPS, I already had one disaster cake when the bottom could not support the rest of the cake and it started leaning and eventually fall apart. So now I use them and want to use it with this order. So I told the customer about it and told her that I would like to use them but it would be an additional...
So forget that i stayed up for hours with lack of sleep and the horrible mess my 2 year made in her room while I was trying to finish up this cake. (so horrible i don't even want to say what she did!!!) That doesn't matter. All that matters is a customer was expecting a great cake for their baby shower and they got the leaning Tower of Pisa!! The customer wanted it designed like another cake that is on here with minor alterations.The cake flavor was like a strawberry...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1885606.htmlThe cake was perfect for the occasion. It was for a 50th bday celebration for a well known pastor in my area and they were really doing it big . So now I understand why the client wanted the "50" so big...lol. I decided to go with the "50" I ordered from DinosRentosStudios and added the gold studs to it. Thanks for you guys help!!!
OK so here my paln:I will use a 9' cake for the crown. Since the "50" will b in the middle I'm not concern about the crown standing on it's on..the cake will be it's support. That will prob b 4in tall. For the "50" i have a plan a-da. Try to shave off some of the foam from the numbers I ordered.b. Try to cut the numbers out myself with a foam boardc. What about if I fill a plastic number pan half full with melted candy..you think that would work???0r..d. Run in a corner...
Well now I have changed the design of the cake. I order a syrofoam "50" from DinosRentosStudios to fit a 16in round. I was kind of afraid to cut the foam myself so that's why I ordered one...., but now I am going to be doing a 9in crown on top of a 13 in pillow shaped caked and that will be on top of a 16in square. I should be getting the "50" today so I can see what what kind of adjustments I will have to make in order for it to fit inside of the 9in crown. I talked to...
The "50" needs to be purple!!
Thank you so much!!! What is the best way to color foam core?