Posts by Dr_Hfuhruhurr

There is not a specific shade of red that you would have to use for either character for it to be accurate, but they both wear essentially the same shade of red. As others have suggested, you could play with the red for one or the other to break it up some. Your call.  If it were me, I'd focus on the star-spangled blue for Wonder Woman, with a liberal dose of gold accents--gold lasso, gold bracelets, gold eagle, gold tiara, gold shield, etc.  Of course, if it were me, I...
The syrup definitely heats the egg mixture enough to kill bacteria, but if you're particularly concerned, you could opt for a SMBC instead.  Whisking the egg/sugar mixture over the double-boiler until it's uniformly hot to the touch always makes me more comfortable.
Isn't your reply in violation of that notice? OP: I am *not* a business, so my advice isn't worth much.  I assume pricing has a lot to do with where you are located.  Isn't a 14-10-8 approximately 140 servings?  If so, assuming people are charging somewhere around $5-$8/serving in your area, the cake could range from $700 to $1120. But, again, I don't sell cakes. 
Yes, I'd read that, and considered leaving them closed.  But, I wasn't sure what to do, because in the past when I've stored cakes in plastic tupperware at room temperature, they get very 'sweaty' and sticky.  I'm not sure what causes that, so I was torn on whether sealed vs. not-sealed was the better way to go.  Since I've had first-hand experience with cakes getting nasty in plastic containers, I opted for unsealed.  Thanks very much for the compliment.  As for the...
Thanks again to everyone for the helpful replies and suggestions.  Once all was said and done, I baked the cakes on Friday night and Saturday, then froze until Sunday.  On Sunday, I thawed out the cakes, torted, filled with ganache, frosted with BC and covered in fondant.  Then, with a lot of trepidation, I stuck the cakes back in the fridge (inside of airtight tupperware containers.   Late Monday night, I removed the cakes from the refrigerator and set them out, with...
Yeah, I agree with you. I want to provide fresh cake, certainly. That's why I started the thread, really--I've always heard that covering in fondant seals the cake and keeps it fresh, but I've never decorated earlier than same day. I'm definitely going to follow costumeczar's advice and refrigerate after I decorate on Sunday. Food safety issues notwithstanding, I want to serve tasty treats.
This is incredibly helpful advice!  Thank you very much.  I definitely don't have a large enough freezer to fit a decorated tier, but I will use the 'wrapped box' method for the refrigerating them. 
 Well, so do I.  I've seen no indication that baked cake kept at room temperature for 2-3 days (without perishable ingredients) is not food safe.  I realize I asked for advice, and I appreciate your input, but the 'nose-in-the-air' attitude is unnecessary. Well, that's just bad math.  If they're baked on Friday night and eaten on Tuesday night, that's four days.  No two ways about it.  I concede I wasn't clear about storage until decoration, though. Definitely no, but...
Well, no, frankly. But am I wrong? I'm not a professional baker, but I've never heard of any reason that a baked cake can't be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days (Sun - Tues, maybe Saturday at the outside). If I were using some sort of filling or frosting that required refrigeration, that would concern me, but I'm not. Hence my comment about food safety.I'm eager to hear if I'm wrong, though. I've already decided to refrigerate the tiers individually, for...
Thanks very much for the input.  I think I will try to find a way to refrigerate it.  Maybe I can just decorate the tiers individually and pack them in separate boxes.