Posts by Aimomo26

my favorite is an old family recipe my family calls depression cake because of the lack of dairy they could get during the depression - its a deliciously moist chocolate cake no one will know its vegan (dairy free) I make it all the time1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour1 cup white sugar1/4 cup cocoa powder1 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt1/3 cup vegetable oil (or coconut oil is really good too!)1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar1 cup water350...
I am a scratch baker - mostly because I bake a lot of vegan cakes. I recently saw a recipe for a "soda" cake, with just standard cake mix and a can of soda. I thought this would be a fun idea but I'm not too familiar with baking from a mix. I'm under the impression that they are often softer and are harder to stack. Has anyone make soda cake and stacked with fondant decorations etc. with success? I'm a little nervous about it - any tips are appreciated. I was planning to...
haha well I see everyone knows as much about this as I do I'm going to try this recipe and I'll let everyone know how it works out!http://www.suzannes-specialties.com/recipes/RicemellowCrispyBars.pdf
I want to make some small baby decorations (rattle, pacifier etc..) for a baby shower cake I'm doing and I thought it would be fun to experiment with rice krispie treats - However I would like to make them vegan since many of the people attending the shower are vegan (marshmellow isn't vegan). I have been able to find a few vegan rice krispie treat recipes but I'm not sure how well they would work in terms of molding. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks for all the help guys -- She does not want to have an anniversary cake - when I asked her she said "ew I won't want to eat that" haha...Thanks for that chart - I'll make some extra cupcakes just in case - but its good to know I should have enough for everyone!
Marianna - Thats a great idea! Its in a restaurant so I don' t know if I have the room to hide any cakes though. CWR- Do you think it will feed everyone? I thought I read that it will only feed like 20-25 people. We are not freezing the anniversary tier. They are pretty high tiers.
So I just finished baking last night - for really small wedding reception of 20 people. I just made a 6" and an 8" for a simple wedding cake... I just found out shes actually expecting 35 people now! The wedding is on Saturday - I certainly don't have time to make and freeze another tier - should I make cupcakes to try to compensate? Is there a secret of how to fix this fast that I'm not aware of? Shes a friend so this is her wedding present and I want it to look...
I know this is an old post - but a lot of times I fill my cake with cream cheese filling so you still get the same taste
Nope thats exactly the information I was looking for - Thank you nonilm!
Kimma how do you move it without putting a cake board underneath it? Should I just get a 9" cake board and hope it doesn't show?