Posts by Herekittykitty

Here is my latest cake.  For my neice's 18th birthday.   French Vanilla cake with Vanilla/Almond SMBC.  Gumpaste flowers.  Other thank taking a hot knife to further smooth the SMBC (decided against dut to trouble with my SMBC streaking when I hot knife saturated colors), any thoughts?  All feedback welcome.   http://cakecentral.com/g/i/3138341/a/3424540/taylor-18th   BTW, sorry for the sideways photos.  For some reason they are uploading this way and I can't figure...
I've used mine several times with no problems.  I use straight gum paste tinted to the skin tone desired, and wet one side of the filled mold then squeeze together for about a minute.  When unmolded, one side will pop off (usually the back), trim the excess while the piece is still in the mold.  Let it sit for a bit to firm up, put in any necessary supports (I do the head/torso support while it is still being pressed together to avoid distortion) then unmold and pose.  I...
Thank you everyone for commenting.  I will definately take all suggestions into consideration for my next project.   BTW, WTF (something) stands for: Who's Turning Fifty (something).  It was her request, I wouldn't have put that on a cake either.  LOL.
I have one for y'all if you would be so kind.   Made for my neighbor's wife who was turning 50-something and is into cardmaking - scrapbooking as a hobby.  I made several card faces for decorations in the colors of her choice.  I am aware the ribbon around the top tier is wonky, the fondant just wouldn't firm up.  Other than that, I feel it is missing something that would have just pulled the whole thing together.  That is my greatest weakness, the final...
Yup, what From ScratchSF said.  I use them all the time.  I really like them for coloring chocolate/candy clay.  Mix with a tiny bit of veg oil to dissolve and add to white chocolate and you get any color needed.
  I too use a glace. You can add more PS to it to make it thicker and more pipeable.  The only thing is that it WILL spread slightly no matter how thick you make it, but it does pipe nicely and works beautifully for brushed embroidery.  Plus it tastes fantastic.
Pipe on the acetate or parchment/wax paper then wrap around a cake dummy? Then when dry, carefully remove, peel off the backing and set around your cake. This is how Collette did it in RI for her crafty class.
This may or may not be true depending on what county or city you reside in.
DeKuyper has a new Liqueur called Crave. I've been experimenting with it. The flavor is either Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Cherry or Chocolate Chili, and is pretty subtle. Tastes good though.
10 years with a functioning alcoholic boyfriend taught me a lesson I'll never forget. We only had furry children and there was no question of who would retain custody (me). After 10 years of sacrificing everything to support him/us emotionally and financially; he left me strapped with a house purchased 6 months earlier. I never realized just how one sided and mentally abusive the situation was until he was gone and I recovered emotionally (still haven't financially).The...