Posts by Bskinne

Try to attach again...I never have luck on CC with posting attachments, so you can see it at http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2154598.
Well, I survived. I packed all the layers in a suitcase, each layer was between cardboard and quadruple wrapped. Since it was just me, baby, stroller, carseat, cake, and luggage, it was a little struggle but I packed diapers in between the tiers in the suitcase and it protected it very well. The icings were in my checked luggage, and I had frozen them for the trip, and I think they weren't the best consistency to build the corners...this was a sloppy looking cake by my...
Oh no! I just picked up a suitcase from a friend that is the largest allowed as a carryon, and all the layers don't fit...
Yeah, I was thinking it would be cooler in cargo, but what stops someTSA person from opening it and ruining it? Getting drunk off Bailey's BC? Anyway, big day is on Friday, so now I'm trying to figure out what detrimental tool I will leave behind...
I really want to premake the BC but was worried they would melt...one filling would be a Bailey's BC 50/50 but I am also making a chocolate hazelnut that's all butter...just not sure how that will stand up.
LOL, and I WAS planning on making that ahead of time, since I didn't want to be flying with bags of powdered sugar...
You guys have made me feel much more confident about this! Hey, Blakescakes, you premade your BC and just put it plastic and under the plane?
Lol, I was thinking that when I made the topic,
Blakescakes, thanks, that's awesome, since it is the exact same size I am making. Did you make the cake boards and boxes larger than the layers? For example, 16" boards and boxes for the 14", OR was it a snug fit?
Luckylibra - TSA's websites says cakes are allowed to be brought on. Airtran also told me I should be able to bring it on, but I can't reach TSA today. It just must be packaged somehow.Cabecakes, Unfortunately the event is this coming weekend, so I don't think I have time to ship, or can afford it...On top of it all, I will have my 3 month old in my lap...