Posts by lollyponpon

like all my questions, this is DEFINITELY a silly one...but my curiosity has piqued!! It's got to be about the "science" of baking and food safety, and I'm a germaphobe... I don't like ANY of the buttercreams I have made from shortening... it's just not my style... but- I wanted to make some cupcakes with a "swirl" on top...so am going to have to make SOMETHING...I found this recipe and thought it looked potentially...
I know this doesn't help the op, but $5 a page is so cheap!!! Here in aust the only place I asked told me it was approx $30!! What a rip off!! It's for this reason alone I haven't had a play with them yet!! Just another reason I'm moving to the states!!
Silly me! I googled a picture and now I know what your talking about... I just have no idea where to buy it from... Hrmmmm!
I too would love to see a pic because I'm not too sure what corrugated plastic is?? My boy is very handy so if I knew how to explain it I bet he could help me out!! Thanks for the super idea!!
Thank you so much for all of the help everybody!! And mombabytiger, what a lovely thing to say about my hometown!! Like everywhere else in the world, there are a few grumpy people, but overall it's an amazing place to be... I only get envious of all the "caking" that happens predominantly in Sydney.... but that's a long rivalry between the Syd/Melb kids tehe! Well, I have no intentions of making a double barrel soon, I was just curious for the time, but whenever I can next...
haha, JUST after i posted this i did a google and found that tute! It was reallly good!! however, im not very tech savvy so i don't actually know how to use flikr very well--i was looking at her topsy turvy and she says she has tutes on that--but have no idea how to find them... any flickr tips??I have Taya on my FB and she is amazing... my eyes turn green with her work! And that's not to say she hasn;t worked hard, because I bet she has...i just severely question if i...
Hi ALL!! I have seen some gorgeous extended tier cakes in the galleries and I have a question (which is probably really obvious to all the experienced cakers on here!!) Here goes...Do you put a cake board between the 2 layers of cake, then ice as one? Then when you serve you cut across horizontally first to get the two cakes apart?? Does that even make sense??If you look in my images you will see i had a go at one for my sisters birthday (giraffe cake)... but ONE was a...
I have recently used some dark coloured chalks/petal dusts. I thought i just used vodka to soak my brushes--that was apparently a tip on cleaning brushes when you use something else, because the brushes are still dark@@@what do i do to get the brushes clean?? i think i may have ruined my favourite brush thanks for any tips and advice,lolly
Th Blue!!!My colleague was sooo pleased and she paid me much more than she should have- I was so amazed-- i was paid for caking!! Yipeeeee!!
Hey cakers...here is a pic of the roses i made using this tutorial!!i truly believe anyone could make them using this step by step video!I made my cones out of gumpaste last week and let them harden, but Francesca gives a great option for those pressed for time-- use foam balls and a hot glue gun!