Posts by iluvpeeks

Wanted to add this also. Can you get Bettercreme where you live? It holds up in heat, and takes flavoring really well. It tastes good too. You can also add pudding mix to give it a richer flavor. There is a thread in the recipes forum with tons of info on Bettercreme. It is a non dairy product, so it does not need refrigeration. I've used it lots of times for outside parties, and you can put fondant decorations on top.Kathy
I don't know about IMBC in heat. Chances are that regardless of what you do they will be a melty mess. I'm sure you explained this to the bride. The other concern I would have would be putting fondant decorations on top. Once the icing starts to melt, it will be wet, and your fondant will also become wet and begin to run as well. She won't change her mind and let you use either Indydebs or Sugar shacks buttercream? It would be ashame that all of your hard work would...
If the Strawberry Cake itself has a strong strawberry flavor I would probably use either a vanilla pudding type filling or custard.
Hi KarenIt does sound like your buttercream is too thick. You should be able to smooth it on. I usually use Indydebi's buttercream recipe that can be found in recipes on this site. It tastes really good, and holds up great, even in the heat. Another suggestion is to watch videos by Edna on you tube, or go to her wesite designmeacake.com. She is an amazing cake artist, and she shows you how to get a smooth icing on your cake, and how to make the right consistency for...
You're right Babs. Thats why we are trying to keep this going! We all work very hard on our projects, and a little comment goes a long way.Kathy
Hi everyone! I left lots of comments. Karen, I don't get it either. That wedding cake was fabulous! My grandsons school had a bake, tree and wreath sale this past weekend, and I made cookies, and 6 Christmas Tree Cakes. They sold out 3/4 through the first day! I thought they came out good. Oh well. Here are the links. Kathyhttp://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1884259.htmlhttp://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1884465.html
HiI'm with kaciealexa. I feel horrible for her. She will definitely need time to sort things out. The best thing for her is to know that she has a great support team, and loving and caring friends. Give her some time. You have to remember that her hormones will be all out of whack too. I would just be there for her right now, think about a little intimate gathering in the Spring. You can make her something then, perhaps a cake with butterflies, signifying a new...
I always bake and freeze too. You will notice a difference as to how moist your cakes are.
HiI was always hesitant to freeze my cakes, until I tried it. I will never not freeze again! You can't beat how moist the cake is. There have been several posts regarding this, and quite a few different opinions. Just make sure that you wrap and double wrap your cakes while they are warm. The other thing is to make sure you have the layers on cake circles. As far as torting your layers, I have done it both ways. Frozen, and just baked. I prefer torting before...
I think thats awful! It was very sweet of you to make another cake for the couple. Loucinda has a great idea too! Saving that top tier in the freezer for a year is pretty yucky. My daughter and her husband just celebrated their 1st year anniversary, and the darn cake top is still in my freezer! I told them they had to pick it up and eat at least a bite of it. I'm still waiting! lol.