Posts by sherox

True,I'm also very weary of customers who send me hundreds of pictures and constantly call to check up or 'remind' something. They always have a diffent picture in their head and usually never completly happy with anything! So I make it very very clear what I can and cannot do ...like make the icing less sweet!
After the camera cake incident,she mailed me an apology saying how everyone was wowed by the cake at the party. Well I guess I've learned my lesson well!
Just reading it makes me so angry! I think the hardest part of caking is dealing with difficult customers. I had customer in January wanting a baby bag( diaper bag) cake. After so so many mails back and forth I designed and did her cake. Her husband and sister came to pick the cake and looked at it with a microscope and was immediately calling her back home to say I have not put her ( rather long) message on the handle as she wanted but on the board and after explaining...
Just reading it makes me so angry! I think the hardest part of caking is dealing with difficult customers. I had customer in January wanting a baby bag( diaper bag) cake. After so so many mails back and forth I designed and did her cake. Her husband and sister came to pick the cake and looked at it with a microscope and was immediately calling her back home to say I have not put her ( rather long) message on the handle as she wanted but on the board and after explaining...
[[SPOILER]]
Wish I could come up with such clever answers when I'm dumbfounded and fuming over what they say! But truly I've learned to appreciate anyone and everyone who are passionate and truly proud of what they do. And sometimes it's even hard to just let my creativity do the magic when a order comes after such a conversation.
Totally agree...love the flowers just need to work on the shape of the cake and proportions. Good job for a beginner. All the best!
Totally agree...love the flowers just need to work on the shape of the cake and proportions. Good job for a beginner. All the best!
Going to definitely try this next time! thank you!
Going to definitely try this next time! thank you!