Posts by PersonalizedCupcakes

I would love to know how this cake was made. It's pretty fantastic!
Thanks! I will try the oil. And thanks Angel! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought they were dense and dry! The flavor is great while they're warm, but I will definitely try oil!
Great question! I've never done it, so I have no idea yet...
I was wondering about the cake flour and the butter. I've read that people have replaced their butter with oil to gain moisture so I was considering that. I will definitely try that.I thought that because there is some cake flour, that the cake would be light - but I guess not. I will have to try using only cake flour and see how it goes.One thing I do find interesting in the recipe is that it states that you should really eat it the day you frost it. Gee, now I know...
I have a Martha Stewart Snickerdoodle Cupcake recipe that taste's great! BUT the cake is very dense (like a muffin) and the next day, it's dry.How can I change the recipe so that it's moist and much lighter? (I am comparing it to the moist & light boxed Dunkin Hines cakes)Here is the recipe:o  1 1/2 cups all-purpose flouro  1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self- rising), siftedo  1 tablespoon baking powdero  1/2 teaspoon salto  1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, plus 1/2 teaspoon...
Thank you so much for the feedback! I've never done it before, but was wondering about it especially because I find the mixes I like to be very moist already.Thanks for the tips and the info!!!Thyjuan
Hello eveyone,I was just wondering, a lot of bakers doctor up box mixes by adding pudding. But now, most of the boxes already have pudding in them and are already really moist. So are any of you still adding pudding to cake mixes that already have pudding in them?Just wondering...is it worth the added pudding anymore? Would love to have your input.Thyjuan
Hi there,I have a really good chocolate frosting recipe. It's similar to the Hershey Cocoa recipe. It uses butter. My problem is that although it tastes wonderful, I believe the butter and coco combination is causing this frosting to just melt. If the environment is too warm, the frosting melts right off the cake/cupcake. I can't pipe any details with it because it just runs.Can someone help me with this problem? I have a lot of people that love the taste of this...
Hi all!I am going to make red velvet cupcakes. I want to use a star tip and do a decorative icing on top. Normally I would use buttercream for this but I really like the taste of a traditional red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Is there any way to stiffen the cream cheese frosting so that the frosting holds the peaks and shape from my star tip? I'm thinking no because of the cream cheese, but maybe I'm wrong???Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
Thank you for letting me know. Actually it's a nice thick chocolate frosting. I'm so happy to know that I can use anything under fondant. I've just never heard anyone mention other frostings under fondant. I see/hear nothing or buttercream. This is great to know! Can't wait to start baking!!!!