Posts by catsmum

Kuushi - you really don't need to freeze it if it is for Wednesday evening as long as you cover it so the air doesn't dry it. You have no need to doubt yourself. As everyone has previously said she was trying it on.
Hi cakey peeps. What do you all use for storing equipment like cutters, veiners etc. I currently have mine in large poly boxes segregated into flower stuff which includes veiners, wires etc; moulds; Patchwork Cutters, general equipment like impression mats small rolling pins extruders etc? However I would like something where I could store at least my flower cutters and veiners by flower type as I am getting fed up having to delve through deep boxes to find things   I am...
Hi Newstreet, mI think you will be surprised (I was) at how much cake is left after carving. I add on about £8 for sundries including electricity - no idea of this covers but my cake was in for over 2 hrs today! I would just offer a simplified version. A 6 yr old will just look at the initial impact.
Hi Newstreet, great news for your family. Hope after a few days you might be able to relax a little and sleep normally. I've spent the day making a birthday cake for a friend, not decorated just choc overload with cigarillos. Same recipe as you Newstreet, always works perfectly, just have to adjust timings. Then working on nappy (diaper) cake and thought I would try the Lindy Smith recipe as it has to be carved. I made an 11" square and it isn't deep enough for a bag so...
[/quote]Hi JeanDo you subscribe to Paul Bradford? He did a Ferrari tutorial which I used for my Ferrari (my Avatar). He uses 2x10" cakes and by the time it is carved you would be pushed to feed 12. Are you sure you haven't underestimated the cost as £27 doesn't seem much. If I had been selling mine it should have been £100-£120. It's a lot of work. Looked fab but took a lot of time. It also had edible images on it for the sponsorship logos so if you are including them you...
Just got to the end of marathon "readathon". Boy can you lot natter! I'm bound to miss someone out but have to RAVE about your tall rectangular cake Gray. That just screams Class! M4rvel - great site but you MUST change your opening page as you are belittling your wonderful talent. Once you sell so cheap you will have a problem raising your prices. Victoria - love the stained glass. Piping is not top of my list of things to learn but realise I should as it is a very...
Fab cake Tiddy - as usual.   Have a lovely time at the Naval Ball Jo. I used to love the RAF Summer and BoFB Balls when I was in. Not sure if I could survive the allnighters to the champagne breakfasts now though!
If you haven't already found it this is the one I use. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4576/wedding-cake-zingy-lemon It works brilliantly. I add zingy lemon curd (Waitrose) to the buttercream. It is less dense if you use all s.r. flour. I used it for one of the tiers in my first wedding cake and the chef sent out congratulations on how it cut and tasted.
 Go Ninja!
Oooh Nanny - your birdcage is only No1 in favourites!  And your criticism was..........???????