Posts by TheSweetestThingCS

hey guys! thanks so much for your support!! i took a much needed nap (accidentally actually) and read all your comments. thanks so much you guys! it was definitely a learning experience and never ever again will EVER make that mistake... AGAIN!about structure i truly think it was that. i placed them in as i always do but my eyes saw them going in straight when one might have been going in crooked. =/ im not blaming entirely that lady, some people just suck at this stuff,...
oh, lesson learned alright. 1. am i never taking a large last minute cake and 2. im NEVER working with that lady again. shes a "promoter" but i think she has no idea what she is doing. also when she was here i caught her on the phone with a client and she was screaming at her/him! very unprofessional. but yeah, i shouldn't have taken that order.about structure. i guess i was too tired and dint do it right, i had 4 dowels in like i always do. i dont know what happened but...
so first, this lady has been teling me she was going to pay the cake for almost a month now. had many days where she would say "lets meet up around 5, ill call you when im near by" and never called back. she had me on standby about 5 times like that til i gave up and got in my pjs again knowing she wasnt going to come by. i told her i was getting concerned that she wasnt going to pay and i wouldnt start cake until she did. with other people i would have given her the...
you guys are totally right. i guess i needed other cake decorators to tell me. i also had a problem yesterday where a lady calls me the day shes gonna pick up the cake and says her purse got stolen in her car and dint have cash til friday (tomorrow) T_T so i also want to ask, i NEED to enforce deposits and upfront payments for my cakes, but how do you guys do that? have them come over and drop off money? check by mail? paypal? any suggestions would be great! thanks...
ok so here the deal. ive been getting a lot of family and friends who want cakes from me. 1. i feel terrible about pricing them normally so i end up pricing way too low and breaking even almost. and 2. they expect me to charge less or even do free!! im way too nice and i dont know what to do anymore. should i not work with family anymore? charge regular price? discount? has anyone else dealt with this same problem? please help. im so stressed!! =(-Hilda
my husband just got me one for mothers day. he got me the iwata eclipse and just a basic compressor. i havent used it yet but i tried it out and its bad a$$. cant wait to use it this weekend! thanks!
Hello! well i have a lady asking to make a cake with nutella as frosting. ive never used nutella other than on my toast and bananas. i read on a few recipes online that it alone is too runny and by adding butter, p. sugar and milk its great. though my problem is not the flavor.now my question is, is it any good for fondant cakes? will it make the fondant sag? please help!
awesome thanks! but what model would you recommend. thats the thing, idont know which is good for what. i know absolutely nothing about airbrush.
Hello all! well its time to invest in an airbrush gun and compressor. theres a lot out there but i want to know which is really really good for cake decorating. i have a budget of $500 so price is not really an issue. please help! -Hilda
oh to fill it just put the filling in a piping bag with a #12 tip and just stick it into the cupcake squeeze til you feel it has enough (not too much) then thats it!!