Posts by Rachel5370

I liked mine- 'cuz I made it myself! I wanted something very different that tasted awesome. It was a 4 tier tiramisu cake covered in piped and then baked meringue flowers. I thought it was beautiful, most of the guests thought so too- but I did get a couple of "that's interesting" type comments, lol. Everyone thought it was the most delicious wedding cake they ever had though, people still talk about that. It was awesome- with a light tiramisu mousse filling on the...
I am making an apricot cheesecake that will be dressed up witha few gumpaste calla lillies. I just now started! This is for the morning, and it has to chill overnight. It will be a late one.
I know what you mean! Just make sure you don't get gloves that are too big. Working for others as a chef, I always had to put up with too large gloves because that's what they would buy, only considering the guys I guess! There were so many times I would cut the tips off the gloves by accident! Mediums fit me nicely, but many women might wear smalls.
To me, you seem practical, very intelligent, serious about your work, and tough! I admire those qualities. I am still working on the tough part, and my business officially opens Wednesday (after meeting with the health inspector for final approval). I am sure I will quickly learn the tough part! After months of "free" cakes for practice and porfolio building, often under-appreciated, I am ready to get down to "real" business! You, Indydebi and some others are the ones who...
That is true, there are some that can be used for both!
It seems like medical grade would be ok, doesn't it? All I know is that the health dept requires everything that comes in contact with food to be labeled "food-safe" and even NSF (or commercial grade) in most cases when it's intended for public consumption. I can find out for sure, and get back to you, but my guess is that medical grade gloves are sterilized (probably by chemical means- which might not be ideal for food). Food grade gloves are non-sterile. Food grade...
You are just like I imagined you from your forum posts! Great job!
Protecting your hands from food color is nice and all- but everyone should be using food-safe gloves at all times when touching food that will not be cooked. I am positive that bare hand contact with ready-to-eat foods is against any and all health department regulations. The only way around it is to submit a bare hand contact plan to your local or state health department. Even then, it's a risk. Things like the Noro virus cling to your hands because it has a gelatinous...
I emailed you! Thankyou so much! ~Rachel
Hi. An old friend of my husband's saw my cakes on FB, and loves them. She has the 10th anniversary of her band coming up and wants something special. I live in Colorado and can't help her, obviously! She asked me to recommend someone in her area. She says she likes my cakes because they are creative and have a certain "quirkiness" (in a good way!) to them. If you are interested and feel this description fits your cakes, reply here or PM me. I will take a look at your...