Posts by LindaF144a

I'm curious. How does a cake tier explode? I don't think this has to do with putting a tile on a cake. That is done to let the filling settle into place and not create a bulge along where the filling is located. I'm not too sure about an explosion. Could you elaborate?
No one is addressing the bulge. You did not let the cake settle before frosting. Look on here for Leah's tip of setting a light weight onto the top of the cake for an hour before frosting.Here is something I do in my shop. I cut each layer in half and frost between those layers also. I then have four layers of cake and three layers of frosting. The weight of the cake is now dispersed between several layers of frosting and there is no bulge. The one time I did frost a...
I personally think your question cannot be answered truthfully until we know definitely where in the world you live. What is working for one person in CA or TN will not necessarily work all around the world.
Saw them, loved them. But I already just bought two 7 quart Cuisinarts. I will have to wait until one of them breaks down.
I made a carrot cake at the shop on Saturday that did not get purchased. Oh well, I guess I get to bring it home then!!! Anyway it was a cream cheese frosting that stayed out on the counter while we ate it for the next 3 days. None of us got sick. Yes, it is the sugar ratio, but I can't tell you what the magic number would be. My CC frosting is not a SMBC with cream cheese added. Mine is a more tangy, stronger CC flavor frosting.But I am not saying don't refrigerate...
I have no interest in discussing this with you further just do you can try and prove yourself right yet again. I am done.
Yeah and I call shenigans on that too. It's that "per serving". Make the serving size small enough on the box to get past the law, but you are probably getting just as much as you used to get.Let me look at the unopened box in my pantry. A serving size is 1/16 of the envelope which you mix with 1/2 cup milk which makes 2 cups. So take 2 cups of this crap and divide it into 16 servings. I'll bet you it is pretty small. And truly the average person is not going to go...
Do I have this correct that a 13 lb bucket of Massa will cover all 6 tiers of two different cakes? So two 6" tiers, two 9" tiers and two 12" tiers?I'm going to have to try this.
Adding Dream Whip will not help this person. All transfats have been banned. Adding it in and selling it for retail would be illegal for her to do.But I am definitely going to check out Bunge.
What is in White Cap Shortening? I can't believe it is just because of no trans fat. I put fondant over SMBC all the time that has no transfat and have no problems. I think it is something else in the new type of shortening you use.When I started making cakes and frosting I gravitated towards the recipes that contained no transfat as I am very much in favor of no transfat. I'm glad I did. I had no prior expectations and have not had to reinvent everything. Good...