Posts by LindaF144a

Your cupcake idea sounds delicious. What is brown sugar frosting though?
Where in western NY are you located? it does not say on your website.Also in NY state baked goods are not taxed. If you cut and serve it, it is taxed. But not just baked. Your accountant could help you. Also you can call the NY state department of taxation. You could also go to your local grocer and buy a baked good. You will see they charge no tax.Congratulations on your order. I too am making 1,000 next week. We are going to be part of the Festival of Food here in...
There is no doubt that the KA 7 quart is overpriced. After all the only place you can get it is at WS and they over price everything. Unfortunately I could not wait. Business has exploded at my shop and I needed another mixer. And it had to be bigger than the 6 quart, so I went for the Kitchenaid rather than another 7 quart Cuisinart that I have. I am glad I did. It is so quiet that I put it in the work room open to the front counter space. Now it won't be too loud...
Anything vegan will work. Find a vanilla one and add in your own spices.
I disagree on the too much liquid part. I've made strawberry cupcakes such as this before and it was fine.Some recipes are just not meant to rise. And I don't understand the need to when you cover up the top with frosting anyway. I make 400 cupcakes a day of 9-10 different flavors. Some will rise and some won't. I have never had a customer comment on the rise of the top of the cake.I have several issues with this recipe. But one of them is not the liquid. If there...
I bought the 7 quart mixer yesterday from WS. I am shocked at how whisper quiet the thing is. I intend on calling the Kitchenaid people and finding out how they did it and if they intend on making all the other size mixers as quiet as this one. If they are, I am going to be selling a whole bunch of mixers on Craigslist real soon and replacing the ones I already have. I love it.
Underbaked. Purposely bake them a little longer and see what the results. Start with one minute and then if they still peel keep going until you get to the point where they don't peel. Then you test for moistness and back off until they peel again. The right baking time will be somewhere in between the two times.
Wait a minute. At what stage are you beating 6-8 minutes? The creaming stage, then it's fine to beat that long. At the end after the flour is mixed? NO way too long.There is not enough information to figure out why. We need your recipe including the process you use to make the batter.
On large cakes I use both a heating nail and bake even strips.
Underbaking will cause this. I find it happens on my citrus themed cupcakes and sometimes on chocolate, but not all the time. I make hundreds of cupcakes a day and it will happen to maybe 5. Try baking about 30 seconds longer. There is a fine line between underbaked, just baked and overbaked.If you want to test the underbaked theory. Take the same recipe and cake liners and bake the cupcakes about 2 minutes longer and then store them in an airtight container. Then...